or Connect

Posts by clstrat

man sorry to hear that. i wish i had good news for you, but with a sharp dent in the top like that, there's just not a lot you can do. i had this happen on a Ping Zing 2 driver when i was just learning how to play and i was so disappointed. the problem is, the surface area of a head is so small that there's virtually no way to use some sort of suction to pop the dent out like you would on the hood of a car. the only way you could do it would be to get inside the...
is it really worth the trouble? only reason i ask is because on a forged iron the face is so soft that after a very short time there will be wear in the middle of the clubface anyway. as long as the grooves are new, i find it hard to believe that the "rainbow" milling will affect performance in anyway. plus, you got a sweet deal, probably because they were manufacturer seconds, however as a rule, most manufacturer seconds are ONLY cosmetic defects that do not affect...
i got my DSG RTG+s for like 50 bucks a piece...and yes, they make a 52 degree wedge. they are great wedges, but definitely not lightweight. personally i like a heavier weight on my wedges, because i *believe* it keeps me from skulling the ball on those touchy kind of shots.
I can hit my driver around 220 consistently. My 3 wood goes about 200 to 210 so I use that most of the time. Just to show you how much conditions and geographical location can skew data...I was in West Texas this summer playing in a 20 mile an hour wind. I bombed one out there about 300 yards, roll included. All I did was tee it up really high and take my normal 220 yard swing. The West Texas heat, combined with dry air, hard ground, and the WIND added nearly 80...
you can do even better than that on eBay
gotta tell ya man, and i'm not trying to be a downer, but 8.5 degrees of loft is going to give you a lot less control than say 10 or 10.5 degrees. i wouldn't worry so much about the shaft if you're swinging at 100 mph, then that's okay. but with that amount of loft, you're definitley sacrificing distance. this is just my opinion, but hey you asked for it!
North Carolina! god's country i swear it. man, i'm way too southern.
here, here... i'm joining the petition i posted a relevant comment over on the "What did you shoot today thread?" i played yesterday and on the front nine i was stuck behind some moron hacker, by himself in a cart and it took him 2 1/2 hrs and consequently it took me 2 1/2 hrs as well. i cut in front of him on the back nine and finished in about 1 hr and 15 minutes, walking. i shot 45 on the front and 38 on the back.go figure
me too!!! cept minus the clarinet...yikes! i was always a sax man. i've had the oportunity to gig/tour with several well known regional artists here in the south. now that i'm focusing on finishing up my school, i actually have time for golf again.
i cast my vote for Callaway... god i love their drivers and the irons are pretty long too. i already play Cleveland wedges and the Callaway wedges are designed by the man, so that's easy enough. the hx tour is pretty good too...i don't like it as much as the pro v1, but if i was good enough to play on tour it probably wouldn't matter that much anyway.