or Connect

Posts by geezer

Speaknig of Daly, on the European tour coverage once (can't remember when) they were demonstrating just how fast Quiros' transition is in a side-by-side with John Daly. Started both swings at the same time and Quiros had hit the ball and was half way to his finish before Daly had finished his backswing :P Alvaro is one of my favourite players. So exciting to watch.
Yes, it's the indian, not the arrow, so to speak. I could also kill someone with a screwdriver, but a screwdriver is invented to screw, and un-scrwe things. A gun is invented to kill things. I think there should have to be a reason for owning a gun, whether it's for sport, or target shooting, or whatever. But, imo, there is no need, whatsoever, to own an assult rifle, unless you're in the military or something of that ilk. Now, I'm quite sure the mods don't want this...
Sevens is such an entertaining format. I for one would love to see it in the olympics.
What exactly is the need for such a weapon?
There is no way that a professional golfer of any calibre would go out for a round on any course that any non professional golfer would consider standard and shoot anything worse than 6-7 under par. Even playing from your back tees, which are probably shorter than, or as long as, what they play on a typical tour course. EDIT; The hysterical lol-ing is at two things: 1. The fact that you think Michelle Wie couldn't beat your foursome and, 2. The fact that you think all...
Hahaha, lawl! Oh wait. You were serious? What I can't stand in the Wie haters. I mean loads of people write her off as a failure, a has been, when in reality she isn't even 20 yet (I think) and is only mid-way through her first season of full membership on the LPGA. Give the girl a break, for crying out loud.
I'm going to go with Federer's 14 majors as the more impressive. Federer equals the all time record in his sport and Tiger hasn't yet. As for the "Federer only has one opponent at a time, while Tiger has 100+". No, he doesn't. Tiger may have others playing at the same time, but they aren't playing against each other (unless it was matchplay); they are all playing the course and seeing who does the best job of it.
How do you scientifically test 'feel', then? I'm not saying you're wrong or right (nor am I), but my understanding is that feel is something different for each person.
If there were absolutley no difference whatsoever, then the companies wouldn't be making forged (more expensive to manufacture) clubs instead of cast (cheaper to manufacture) clubs, would they? Some would argue that a forged club has more consistency in the structure of the grain than a cast club, which leaves small pockets of air in the clubhead. Personally, I think that the material of construction has more to do with it, but I would definately debate the assumption...
How the club is made has little to no effect on how forgiving the club is. More important is the style of clubhead. That is to say, you can play a forged cavity back which will be as forgiving as a cast, similar styled model. Or you can play a cast blade which will be just as forgiving as a forged, similarly bladed model. Whatever gives you the most confidence to hit it close is the right model for you, whatever way it is made, or whatever style of clubhead it is. Try...