or Connect

Posts by cape cod beachfront golfer

Somewhere I said current Cleveland driver was 270XL...  that was incorrect. Club is the CLASSIC 270 with the persimmon look of old style drivers. Haven't measured it lately but I think it is 46 inches. Did switch out the grip as the ultra light grip had zero traction in my hands. So grip is now heavier than stock which may be altering club performance. Club does get good results... which is why I only want to experiment with inexpensive replacement... shorter shaft and...
Fly-z likely out of my price range.  Maybe one of the older AMP models?  They came in higher lofts ? Consensus seems to be to stay with regular shaft... If that is so... what would be a good higher lofted head I could put on my R9 Supertri reg shaft? I have all the wrenches, etc so it would not be difficult... and reversible! BTW Had my annual cortizone shot in my right thumb tendon today... De Quavarian(sp) syndrome. Good to go for another 6-8 months... Not much...
Upon re reading my OP I probably misled the discussion with the "Giving up on my driver" headline. What I am looking for is a replacement driver that mimics my successful 3wood. More loft, shorter shaft ,45.5-46" is just too long for me, and more flex? Yes, fitters say not to go the senior flex with my swing speed but by the end of the round I am pushing the ball right. Last three holes are killers for me. I will shoot 9-10 over par (par 70) with 4-5 of the strokes coming...
Here is my situation. I play a lot of golf. Enough golf to realize I have good to great golf hands but poor technique & especially poor shoulder turn. I am just no longer flexible enough to get the yardage I should from my driver. My irons thru my 3 wood are fine. Right now I am playing a lot of simulator golf so I see distances on every shot and it is very clear I do not drive the ball far enough. With a swing speed of 84 mph my  3wood travels 195,200,205... Driver only...
I still have not found any info re: lie and angle BUT I did finally find some stats on the Odyssey website. Weight will be heavier (400 vs 350) so the opposite of the standard head to taller shaft example you gave. Light headed putter would definitely be a disaster... But I am thinking heavier head on shorter putter might actually not be bad?? I think some of the counter balanced putters do just that?? I think I can live with the heavier head but now I am even more...
Can a Odyssey #7 MID that was originally a belly length putter be shortened to 35 or 36 inch? I seem to remember the shaft offset & bend was altered for the taller model? I do not have the putter in hand... it will be a hand me down... The person's intentions are good so I would like to accept the putter but hate to ruin it. I know the head design and like it but am just not sure the cut down will go well? Originally I thought cut it down and add a SuperStroke and I...
When I went thru my finger pain it was late in the season... TMG.... too much golf had set in. I did discover my grips were hard from a years use... I also discovered  I was  re-positioning my grip on the club just before my swing. I would grip the club with my left hand and then re-position my grip to a stronger position. Because my hand was already on the club I think this eventually was the problem. (friction) BTW I still have some pain, and still re-position my...
As I approach my 70th round of golf this year I again have the Driver Itch. First some history, Last year I started the season with a trusty Tour Edge Exotics CB1 10.5 degree. About a third of the way thru the season the head stated coming loose. Either thru my use or their screw up when I had the club repaired they found the shaft tip had begun to split. Remedy was to trim 1" from tip and add 1" to the butt. Absolutely deadened the club. I put the Tour Edge on the shelf...
Old guys playing from the tips ruining the game... now that is funny. We play the course as it should be played. Par 4's reached in 2 then putt for your birdie... Par 5's reached in 3 (occasionally in 2) then make your putt for eagle or par all while walking and finishing in well under 4 hours. Seeing how poorly they played the Par 3's made it clear their game was Drive for Show. I still feel there is no defense for playing tees far too easy for you. Call me old fashion...
I played later in the day today and ended up playing in front of young yahoos. My course is not overly long (6650 yds)  but is a challenge do to blind shots, doglegs, and the putting. My group of 60 year old's walked and played from the blues as we always do. The young yahoos rode in carts and played from the white tees. It was clear from the first hole they should not have been playing from the white tees. While on the 1st green their tee shots nearly reached the green......