or Connect

Posts by cape cod beachfront golfer

I play more frequently than you do but we are in the same age group. Plus I too like the challenge of finding a bargain. My suggestion would be to start your search on Ebay with 3Balls Golf. com. They are a huge seller on Ebay and you will get good quality at a very fair price. They often have great 'Buy it Now' prices on older equipment still in very good to excellent shape. My suggestions: First Choice and best bargain: Look for one of the drivers with the SQUARE...
Yes, I know the Supertri is ancient in Taylormade terms... But I've been playing one I picked up cheaply and am considering some adjustments. Before I go to the range and waste an hour pounding balls I thought I would ask for suggestions. I currently play the 10.5 supertri 1 click closed.... .5* closed  loft of 11*  I believe. I currently play the weights 10heel  2center  1 toe  ( removed but still own 16gram weight)   My problem... I just do not get a lot of...
"New to Golf" Basically 3 bag questions to ask yourself... WALK?  RIDE? PUSH/PULL? WALK If you are going to WALK then buy a STAND BAG the type where the legs pop out to give it a tripod stance. They also are the lightest bags. And by all means look for the 2 shoulder carry strap! RIDE. If you will be always riding in a powered cart you can look for a CART BAG with no legs. They usually are heavier and have more pockets. If you are going to walk sometimes/ ride...
Currently play a 10.5 regular shafted Tour Edge EXotics CB-1. Hit it fairly well. 230 drives etc. I picked up a 9 degree Tour Edge XCG-V over the winter BUT it has a stiff shaft. Drives are 10, on occasion 15, yards longer but it has a strong tendency to finish the last 1/4 of the drive fading right. Once on the ground shots from my old driver nearly always rolled out left. This driver rolls out right. Can I gain back my draw rollout if I went to a regular or even senior...
I went to the superstroke slim for awhile last year. I'm not at my golf bag right now but I think it is the one that has a reverse taper... thinner at top? If so be careful. I putt lefthand low and it felt great at first. But I quickly found the thickness of the grip to be too small. I started putting too much wrist/hands back into my shots. Grip felt too small. Grip is still on the putter but I went back to a tigershark paddle grip for my backup putter. 48 inch long...
I tried what I believe to be the reverse overlap grip... The jury is still out on whether or not it helped my arthritic knuckle. I would say it did help some... However it must take some time to get use to the grip... Instead of the knuckle pain I was now 'pinching' my little finger on R hand. And not a small pinch but a real hurtful pinch but not all the time... I played 18 holes on the simulator but by the backnine I had gone back to reg grip. I will try...
I already made the switch to graphite shafts 8 or so years ago. I did try one of the soft non-tapered grips last year (before my hand problem) but at the time did not like it because I found myself squeezing and unsqueezing the grip... kind of like a cat kneading. Did you find a glove helped or hurt? I ask because I am breaking in a Bionic glove and the added padding in the palm is one of the things I think could be switching my grip pressure to my knuckle. The arthritis...
Does your reverse overlap resemble the putting grip? All of the right hand fingers on the club... Two fingers from left hand overlapped...? Or do you overlap 3 fingers... the 3 finger overlap would get my sore middle finger off the handle? If I go to the simulator tomorrow I will experiment... Do you think it will work without going to the thicker, softer grips ?? I might try ten finger grip as well... Thanks for the suggestion... I am really concerned...
Something went wrong over the winter. At age 63 I now have what I believe to be arthritis in the middle joint of my middle finger. The finger often feels still and swollen but it only takes a couple of rounds of golf to really inflame it. Then I can not get the tip of the finger to reach even 1/2 the way to touching the palm. I know I will have to go to Dr. soon but does anyone have a experience with the same symptoms? I normally play well over 100 rounds a year in our...
My woods and irons, other than sand wedge, are all graphite... I switched my irons over about 7 years ago... Love the graphite.   I tried the 'jumbo' grips last year for a week or 2... they never felt right and I found myself constantly flexing my hands like a cat.   Truthfully I never knew the platelet treatment was real... I thought it was something players faked to cover up juicing... But I may check around to see if it is available locally... We...