or Connect

Posts by cape cod beachfront golfer

WAGs (Wifes & girlfriends) of celebrities are always fun to study. Some players clearly have very stable WAGs and probably have been together for years... way before fame & $$$$. Others it is pretty clear the fame or $$$$ allowed the athlete to get to a new level of WAG. Those are the sad cases where a very supportive WAG was discarded for a flashier new model. Then there are the puzzling 'who would have guessed" WAGs that some how seek out winning players. Dufner's ex...
Yes, she probably is a wonderful person. Guess I was just surprised to see the wardrobe choice.  Regardless, I am sure she would have been even more striking in grown-up clothes. And Yes, I did forget the PGA Tour is separate from the PGA of America. Although I suspect some of the Tour members do not consider themselves elite rock stars.
The girl friend's Daisy Dukes... with pockets showing and a "wardrobe malfunction" waiting to happen Top had to have been cringe worthy for the PGA.  At least Ricky abandoned his orange for the win. And how about the outdated promo for Mothers' Day featuring Ricky and his Mom. Had to have been a year or more old judging by his long hair in the Promo. Typical PGA... too cheap to film a new Mothers' Day promo? Great golf... BUT you can see the Players Tournament will never...
 I DO stripe the Cleveland Launcher down the middle and it is currently in my bag. Old style 330 cc head looks & feels like a 3wood and I confidently swing the shorter shafted club That was one of the reasons I shorten the SuperTri.  I will definitely try the weight move to the toe. Any comment re: Neutral vs UpRight Neutral??? Thank you for the explanations.
Sometimes the logic of adjustments escape me... Moving the weight from heel to toe basically 'slows' the toe down and would straighten the shot if I follow the logic of your suggestion. I will not be playing on Mother's Day but will give it a try early next week. If I wanted to go a bit more extreme... would I OPEN or CLOSE the face adjustment one click to get the same effect?  From early experiments with the SuperTri I never felt comfortable with the club totally closed....
I have worked a great deal this year using the impact tape on the face of my 3 wood and drivers. Quickly learned I center 9 out of every 10 3 wood shots. But the driver(s) is a totally different story. Cleveland Classic 270 is currently out of the bag... too inconsistent. That leaves me with a Super Tri that I fan to the right. Impact tape shows the hits to be okay vertically but an inch out toward the toe. 8 out of 10 shots show this same strike point. I have already...
Both of my "shorten the driver" attempts were failures. One was a 9* driver that I had shortened by a full inch via a butt trim. Driver was a Powerbilt AF One I had bought cheaply... no reason to experiment on a $200 plus driver. AF One wasn't consistent to start with but after the trim was 'dead'... just no shaft kick at all. Head was big to start with but with the trim it really did look like a balloon on too short a stick. Zero feeling of confidence. Second attempt was...
My season here in the Northeast is only about 2 weeks old. BUT I did play a lot of simulated golf this winter and it was quite eye-opening. Seeing my distances on the simulator after every shot very clearly showed by driver was my weakest club... erratic and short! My 3 woods ( I was using a 13* Adams & 15* TE Exotics CB1 were much more accurate and surprisingly no more than 8 yards or so shorter than my driver.  The indoor game actually became fun... hitting my 3 wood to...
I am one of those guys that normally plays without a glove but I might give it a try. I have always found golf gloves, especially 2 gloves to be a pain. Things like getting tees out of your pocket become a struggle when I use 2 rain gloves. Would the strap at the base of the glove give support to the 'hinge area' of the wrist? That is the key area for me.... the soft area between base of thumb and wrist. They definitely do look stronger than conventional golf gloves. So...
Pretty severe case of De Quervian tendonitis in my right thumb.... Especially bad in the AM which is when I usually golf... If your are not familiar with it think of a Plantar Facitis type pain... Tendons from the thumb are binding in the sheath area between hand and wrist... Has anyone had a successful recovery... without the surgery to relieve the tendon binding? Last year I had a successful cortisone shot... this year the first shot failed ! I have appointment in...