or Connect

Posts by Augusta Hacker

Just wanted to update this thread. I haven't played much the past month but I got a chance to play Sunday and have been working hard on extending my driver distance. This is what I did.....I lowered the tee height until the top of the ball was just about at the top of the club. Normally, I would have half the ball over the top of the club. Also, I made a slight swing adjustment that I picked up from watching a PLFP with Anthony Kim. Normally, I would lift my left heel...
Hey Dub.....where were you playing? And I agree with what several posters already said.....you have to commit to the shot.....if you don't , you are screwed. I like to take a long swing with a very flat downswing so that I feel like I am sliding my 60 deg under the ball. I tend to let the club head out swing my hands and the ball just pops up. With the tight lies I am seeing out on courses now due to winter conditions, I haven't attempted any flop shots. When I am...
Yes it is.....ate there last night! Prime rib is excellent!
Trust Dub, some good shoes are a MUST at the National. Whether they are trail or golf shoes, they have to be light, comfortable, good traction, and somewhat waterproof. Pinestraw from the Georgia Pines can be brutal for the most nimble person! Also, if you get into town Saturday nite, I would suggest trying out T-Bones (for steak) or Rhineharts (for seafood) to eat dinner. Restaurants will be pretty crowded but everyone is in town to enjoy the Masters and will have a...
Thanks for everyone's input....I am going to try some impact tape to see where I am hitting the ball. Then mess around with where the ball is in my stance and go from there. I will keep everyone updated to my progress and maybe it will help others!
Yea, range prices are pretty ridiculous....I would rather just go pay the green fees to play 9 holes than sit out on a range with a bunch of goofballs. LOL. I am going to set up a tee box in my back yard with a big net and then I can sit out there all night long practicing.
I don't know much about shafts but my 3W is a NV 75-S 350 and my driver is a NV 65-S 350 both by Aldila. I will definately try out some impact to see where I am striking the ball. Dub, how is Wedges and Woods looking these days? Last time I was there, it wasn't looking too good.
But it sure would be nice to get the 280 out of the driver if I could!
My driver (10.5 degree) and 3 wood are Ping G5s with stiff Aldila shafts.... My 3 wood will carry about 210-220 and then get a good roll out to about 250 or so....my driver will carry about 240-250 with very little roll. The 3W flight is low while my driver is very high. I tee the ball pretty high with my driver (bottom of 1/3 of ball at top of club) and the ball is middle of my clubface with my 3W. I would like to be able to hit my driver lower and get some of...
Good deal.....have fun! I will enjoy being at the course for the practice rounds but will watch the tourny on my HD!