or Connect

Posts by bunkerputt

Shot 36 at Crystal Falls in Leander, Tx (72.6/126)  Hit it stiff to a foot on #4 and #9.  Hit it to 4 feet on #3, and #6 and two-putted both.  Regardless, first + handicap performance in a while.  Need to work on putting < 6 feet, apparently....
Best shot was a hole-out from 140 with a PW.  Best swing in the last month.  Clubface was controlled all the way to the finish.  Balance was perfectly solid.  The ball got slightly wind-battered, but held it's line.
Lately working on the following:   Striking:   * Staying in inclination longer.  Right shoulder tends to go left and up too quickly on the downswing, working on getting it down and through more. * Left foot pressure at impact.  Trying to feel a heavy left foot at impact, keeping from falling forward (and losing posture) and having the weight centered on the foot by practicing with the toes lifted off the ground. * Relaxing more on the backswing.  I tend to...
Played a full 9 holes for the first time in a while.  One of the golf course employees was playing with me and keeping score so I was just focusing on making good swings and maintaining my inclination since it's been a while and that's always the first thing to go when my body isn't well conditioned.  Shot low 40 something on the front nine.  Didn't strike it too poorly, maybe 7/10, but the course was just so tight.  Some of my landing areas were < 15 yards wide.  Back 9...
Hit every single green and had no putt longer than 15'.  Shot par. 
I can't comment on the prolaunch red in the irons, but I'm using it now in my driver at least until the fall winds ratchet back down in Texas.  The launch is definitely low and the spin is incredibly low.  My drives average 11.2 launch and 1800 RPM spin with this shaft compared with most others in the mid 12* and 2200 RPM backspin, same static face loft.  What I get is a medium-height knuckleball that rolls out 50 yards.  Honestly, if I were hitting my 8-iron 110 yards,...
Played 9 on Friday and crystal falls and shot +6 with 22 putts.  Struck the ball really nicely with 85% greens and 85% fairways, but couldn't hit a putt to save my life.  I wasn't really putting all that bad either.  Just a weird game.  Day was beautiful, though, and I had a great time switching back to my longer Titleist 909D2 with 96g X flex UST Proforce V2.  That 43" 60 gram 7X VTS shaft I was hitting in the TM R11 is just way to short and quick for a guy my size. ...
39 isn't too old for 1 if you're healthy, naturally athletic, have tons of time on your hands and always have a great attitude.  I don't know many people like that.
Lots of good shots this week, holed out chips, well struck irons to a couple of feet, not a ton of nice drives, but a lot of fairways.  I'd say the best shots I hit were from 65 yards out on a short par-4 over water with a very stiff wind from behind and a green that slopes down to the pond.  My first choice was my stock pitch, medium-low trajectory with a 56* sand-wedge, scoot it in medium-low to the front and let it release to the back.  Struck the shot and line...
  I went bowling with my family once and my dad got his finger stuck in the ball on his roll, slipped and fell on his ass.  No one was paying attention except me and I only caught it out of the corner of my eye.  Didn't say a word and he strutted back like nothing happened.  My favorite dumb shots are when I'm teaching someone how not to chunk it and then I flat-out chunk it.  I then end with something diffusive like "golf is complicated".