or Connect

Posts by bunkerputt

I hooked up with a random twosome one weekday.  After going even par on the first two holes, I got really dialed in and hit the approach on #3 to 4 feet, #4 to 1 foot, #5 to 1 foot, #6 to 4 feet, and hit the next long par-5 #7 in two.  I hit a terrible shot to 15 feet on the par-3 8th and hit the next approach on #9 to less than 2 feet from 150.  The guys were just really shocked and silent except to keep asking "What's your handicap again?".  That run was pretty memorable...
Thankfully, she wasn't home.
I was working on some swing speed training and had my favorite driver with a medics power meter attached to it.  I took a fast swing and tried to pay attention to my grip to see how much tension was there near the bottom.  Well, there was none.  The club and sensor flew out of my hands, up into the air about 50 feet, over my house and nearly hit a state troopers patrol car.  It pretty much shattered the club and the sensor.  What a waste of over 400 bucks.
-1 for 9 holes at my home course Crystal Falls GC in Leander.  It included an ace on the par-3 second!  Both of my boys were with me at the time.  It was pretty special and a pretty spectacular shot.  Been throwing darts for a while now, so I was wondering when it would happen.  Dropped 4 inches past the cup and bounced back into it.  My youngest (5 yr) said, "Did you get a birdie?"  I said, "No.  I did even better.  I got an eagle!"  He said, "Oh.  Can we call it a Sea...
Shot 36 at Crystal Falls in Leander, Tx (72.6/126)  Hit it stiff to a foot on #4 and #9.  Hit it to 4 feet on #3, and #6 and two-putted both.  Regardless, first + handicap performance in a while.  Need to work on putting < 6 feet, apparently....
Best shot was a hole-out from 140 with a PW.  Best swing in the last month.  Clubface was controlled all the way to the finish.  Balance was perfectly solid.  The ball got slightly wind-battered, but held it's line.
Lately working on the following:   Striking:   * Staying in inclination longer.  Right shoulder tends to go left and up too quickly on the downswing, working on getting it down and through more. * Left foot pressure at impact.  Trying to feel a heavy left foot at impact, keeping from falling forward (and losing posture) and having the weight centered on the foot by practicing with the toes lifted off the ground. * Relaxing more on the backswing.  I tend to...
Played a full 9 holes for the first time in a while.  One of the golf course employees was playing with me and keeping score so I was just focusing on making good swings and maintaining my inclination since it's been a while and that's always the first thing to go when my body isn't well conditioned.  Shot low 40 something on the front nine.  Didn't strike it too poorly, maybe 7/10, but the course was just so tight.  Some of my landing areas were < 15 yards wide.  Back 9...
Hit every single green and had no putt longer than 15'.  Shot par. 
I can't comment on the prolaunch red in the irons, but I'm using it now in my driver at least until the fall winds ratchet back down in Texas.  The launch is definitely low and the spin is incredibly low.  My drives average 11.2 launch and 1800 RPM spin with this shaft compared with most others in the mid 12* and 2200 RPM backspin, same static face loft.  What I get is a medium-height knuckleball that rolls out 50 yards.  Honestly, if I were hitting my 8-iron 110 yards,...