or Connect

Posts by bunkerputt

I tried to follow most of the thread.  You seem like you've made some significant strides since the first video.  Is your clubface a bit shut and your left arm a bit too slack?  I think that might be contributing to the "swing it inside and reroute OTT move".  Nice improvement in the hip action though.  Your right hip actually moves back and up compared with the first video.  Good change there.
 That's interesting.  I actually tried this.  My first set of irons when I started trying to get better were Mizuno MP-67s.  I still play them.  I wouldn't say it helped me get better more than it simply made the game more frustrating than it needed to be at first.  I thought it would make it clear when I hit bad shots and good shots.  It certainly did that, but the problem is, and anyone can attest to this:  bad shots are really clear regardless of the type of club used....
 Wow.  That's lame.  You just simply don't need to hit a PW 158.  If I try to do that now the ball zips off the front of the green nearly every time.  Not sure why I thought this was so great 3 years ago.  It certainly didn't help me break par and it got harder to do consistently as the round got on.  It's been a few years, so here's what I'm around carry on full playing swings now: 56* - 105y52* - 120y48* - 133y9    -  148y8    -  165y7    -   180y6    -   196y5    -  ...
Hey guys.  Thanks for reaching out, Corey.  I live in Leander off #6 at Crystal Falls.  I can get around town pretty easily, but a twilight 9 at Crystal is always an option.  I'd love to get together with some folks in the area....especially some grinders with good attitudes, regardless of skill level.  Other than regulars at my club, I don't really know many golfers around ATX.
I hooked up with a random twosome one weekday.  After going even par on the first two holes, I got really dialed in and hit the approach on #3 to 4 feet, #4 to 1 foot, #5 to 1 foot, #6 to 4 feet, and hit the next long par-5 #7 in two.  I hit a terrible shot to 15 feet on the par-3 8th and hit the next approach on #9 to less than 2 feet from 150.  The guys were just really shocked and silent except to keep asking "What's your handicap again?".  That run was pretty memorable...
Thankfully, she wasn't home.
I was working on some swing speed training and had my favorite driver with a medics power meter attached to it.  I took a fast swing and tried to pay attention to my grip to see how much tension was there near the bottom.  Well, there was none.  The club and sensor flew out of my hands, up into the air about 50 feet, over my house and nearly hit a state troopers patrol car.  It pretty much shattered the club and the sensor.  What a waste of over 400 bucks.
-1 for 9 holes at my home course Crystal Falls GC in Leander.  It included an ace on the par-3 second!  Both of my boys were with me at the time.  It was pretty special and a pretty spectacular shot.  Been throwing darts for a while now, so I was wondering when it would happen.  Dropped 4 inches past the cup and bounced back into it.  My youngest (5 yr) said, "Did you get a birdie?"  I said, "No.  I did even better.  I got an eagle!"  He said, "Oh.  Can we call it a Sea...
Shot 36 at Crystal Falls in Leander, Tx (72.6/126)  Hit it stiff to a foot on #4 and #9.  Hit it to 4 feet on #3, and #6 and two-putted both.  Regardless, first + handicap performance in a while.  Need to work on putting < 6 feet, apparently....
Best shot was a hole-out from 140 with a PW.  Best swing in the last month.  Clubface was controlled all the way to the finish.  Balance was perfectly solid.  The ball got slightly wind-battered, but held it's line.