or Connect

Posts by maelkoth

I lost about 15 lbs and 15 yards on the driver.  I didn't have much fat to lose in the first place, so half of the weight loss was probably fat, and the other half was probably muscle.  All my other clubs however remained the same distance.
I was a single paired up with a 3some...we were first out at twilight and finishing the full 18 is completely feasible.  I make a conscious effort to speed up play because I know as the first group out we're setting the pace for everyone else.  I was the only one riding, everyone else walking.  First few holes everything was peachy, but I kinda noticed the guys I were playing with were taking their time...not walking briskly, not ready to hit.   Then the groups...
Anyone play Wilson or Rancho Park lately? Are they less crowded because of the green fee hike?
trying to find some consistency in my chipping. during practice it's difficult to have a consistent grass surface from which to chip. would placing the ball on a tee, say 1/8 inch above the grass help me find consistency? also, am i supposed to hit the sweet spot of the club when chipping? i've noticed that i've been hitting the balls on the lower grooves of the club...
"Let's see...I've got a bunch of trees in front of me...the green is 100 yards away...I usually hit my 7 iron 150 yards...so if I blast it through the tree, the leaves will kill 50 yards and i'll be on the green..."
Well they aerated Wilson/Balboa/Encino a few weeks ago...so expect bumpy greens. Harding should be fine, as well as Woodley Lakes. Harding is the better course. Just be prepared for the fact that you might not finish a full 18 in under 4 hours...
Plan to play on friday...I was thinking of playing Robinson Ranch, as they had the lushest, most gorgeous fairways I've ever played...(don't mind paying a little extra to play off green, thick fairways unlike the rampant bald mess of grasses I encounter on munis)...This was awhile back, and conditions may have changed. Are their fairways still in fantastic condition? I played Rustic a month ago, and their fairways, although better than munis, were rather unexciting. ...
I don't know all the details but based on what you've said, two things are troublesome. 1. you have a fiance...2. your backup job is dependent on staying with your fiance. Hopefully she doesn't have a job and can travel with you, otherwise I think you may not see much of her during your quest...How does she feel about this? Have you asked her?
The puma shoes I wear now are holding up a lot better than the addidas 360 LTDs which broke apart after a year of use. The perma quills are awesome. You won't have to spend 15 bucks every couple months to change out the spikes...