or Connect

Posts by SirMilton

I like the suggestion that you control your emotions; its just a game, not a life or death situation. And don't be a prima-donna like most pros, you don't need absolute silence to hit a shot, a 5 minute pre-shot routine, or ten minutes to line up a putt. I am reminded of all of the rookie poker players who take a full minute or more to think before each play and make the game miserably slow, and its all because they saw someone on TV doing it. To me it makes a...
1. Never offer any advice relating to another person's golf game, unless you are a Nationally-known, professional golf instructor or a top 20 pro on the PGA Tour, AND the other person ASKS for your advice. 2. Pay attention to what the other players are doing; know when its your turn to play; tend the flag if you are the closest to the hole on the green; watch the others' shots to be able to help them find their balls on errant shots, etc. In short, your are playing...
I wouldn't consider myself a watch nut, but I have 3 favorites I wear based on what I am doing. - My daily work and dress watch is a 2007 model (the year they came out with the full link watch band) 18K Rolex Datejust with diamond hour markers; this is jewelry and an investment, - My non-water sports outdoor watch is a Seiko Titanium with a black face (weighs almost nothing - great for golf), - My watersports watch is a Seiko Scuba Divers watch with a SS band (made like...
Suntanning!
I believe most pros have signed contracts with Satan. I believe worm burners do not burn worms. I believe Mulligan was a optimist. I believe less than 1% of golfers know the proper definition of a foursome. I believe most course marshalls are ex-Marine drill sargents who just like to pick on people. I believe the comment "nice shot" is lame and could easily be replaced by a more descriptive statement or silence. I believe the main objective of playing...
Get real everyone. Most golf is played on private country club courses and most private country clubs do not allow black members because the membership wants it that way. Black boys look to the best chance (most slots) they can get for a professional sports career, basketball first, baseball second, and football third (higher risk of injury) and it has become such a economic game that white boys are almost totally excluded from basketball where blacks also attend...
Every pro that I have met personally was a complete and total jerk. They are just about all unbelievably arrogant prima donnas. Much like Tiger Woods saying no amateur could break 100 at the U. S. Open. They all seem to think they are Gods. The more successful they are the worse they are, and the young and successful are unbearable. Further, the image they present on TV is total bull; they all behave like rock stars and revel in late night carousing, drinking,...
A perfect day for me would be to have a 10:00 AM tee time (after all of the dew has dried) hit the men's grill for lunch at the turn, and then do the back nine. I really get irritated when a course has a Marshal or a Marshal/Starter that won't allow you to take a lunch break. As a matter of fact, I don't like Marshals much at all; they all seem totally tactless and somehow don't realize you are the one paying their wages.
At my club the course isn't extremely well-maintained and areas that would give you a free drop in a well-marked course simply are not marked. If I get a bad lie in a place that's obviously not as it should be, I'll move my ball. There is one other rule I ignore, if I get a clump of mud on my ball when in the fairway, I clean it. There should not be mud on any fairway. The rough and any hazard is another matter entirely. I rarely play for millions of dollars like...
Most of the time I play a course with very tiny greens, some are about 400# or less (or a 20' diameter circle) and hitting a green usually puts you within less than 10 feet, over 20' is rare (maybe once a round). So I probably only get 5 or 6 GIR and pitching and chipping well are critical to scoring. But you have to putt well enough to consider a 6' putt or less a "gimme".