or Connect

Posts by Weightshift

Without doubt: playing safe. You're faced with an awkward shot. You're in deep grass or have a tree problem or whatever. You've played remarkably well up until now. You have studied and practised getting-out-of-trouble shots in Pelz' Short Game Bible. You holed out from the fairway on the previous hole. You've seen the pros play shots like this from much tougher lies. If you get on the green from here, you'll probably win the club championship. Etcetera. Etcetera....
Well said!
By clicking on the slider bar by the smallest amounts, it appears that you start the downswing with your left shoulder moving out towards the ball which is classic OTT for a slice. Many do this believing that the club has to go forward towards the target, where in fact the hands must go down (towards the right toe) and out (towards the ball). These two vectors combine to send the ball to the target. [Go to www.lynnblakegolf.com, join (it's free) go to the "gallery" and...
I may not be qualified to answer with my current handicap, but... does this pause occur with shorter swings? Theoretically there is a pause at the top in every golf swing, just as the shaft changes direction, but there shouldn't be a pause elsewhere, as good golfers start their downswings with their lower bodies before completion of the backswing. Are you perhaps losing your grip at the top somewhat, and regripping (a fatal move) - and sensing this as a...
I'm thinking of taking out a membership next year as it would save me $500 just playing twice a week, April through September. It's a 45 minute drive from where I live and out of town too, so all the rush hour trafic is in the opposite direction. I've been playing there most of this season and they are by far the most friendly people I've met in a long time. The course is not long at 5133 yards (par-70) but very tight and demanding with 100' steep ravines and large...
Some people here seem to have problems with views expressed by players with higher handicaps directed towards those with lower handicaps. Your thoughts?
I'm left eye dominant but don't think it makes any difference, for me, in putting. One little tip, from Tiger no less, I've found useful. When you have a short putt and can see the hole in your peripheral vision, close the left eye (for a right hander) and the nose then blocks the view of the hole.
Thanks for your replies. I tried playing yesterday without glassses at all - and played somewhat better for the most part, shooting an 86.
Try standing on ice or similiar slippery surface. Another way would be to stand with each foot on a separate bathroom scale and you'll see what I mean. Yeah, I made a mistake there. I was writing what I thought I was doing - but I was wrong. The putter head is directly below my eyes. I use a Dunlop Vista, Model 4 putter. The shorter the putt, the more I grip down on the shaft. I spread my feet in a wide stance and lock my legs by pushing back my knees - all to make...
My golf swing starts with the feet, doesn't yours? There we obviously differ in style. My putter shaft is vertical, immediately below my eyes. It's a simple move: straight back, straight forward. Nothing could be simpler IMO.