or Connect

Posts by aeppert

For the price and lack of ports I would suggest you go with a new MacBook unibody to get your foot into the Apple world. It provides everything the Air does and a lot more - namely a faster harddrive (unless you spend a lot extra for the SSD) and more ports. A rather large difference is the ability to have 4GB of RAM in the MacBook versus the Air. Unless you need something ultra-thin for the sake of ultra-thin it is a better way to go. I personally have owned a...
Absolutely. I take it off after every shot in general - part of my routine. I put my glove back on when I am ~10-20yards from the ball, set my bag down, survey, swing, and walk on. Around the green, I keep it off unless it is a bunker shot.
Bridgestone J36s. Probably a combo set of some kind with the majority being blades and the long irons most likely being the CBs (not the pocket cavity model, unless I want to hit hooks all day.)
I will echo the sentiment of the Bridgestone B330. Awesome ball around the green and actually, for me at least, 10-15 yards longer off the tee than a Pro V1x - unless half-dozen holes I compared, all resulted in the B330 finding a magic place to bounce off of. As for irons, I am a longtime Mizuno junkie, but the Bridgestone J36 CBs and Blades are awesome. It is somewhat tragic they are not more popular than they are. Wedges: I have to agree, the Callaway Forged...
Ignorance, jealousy and painful stupidity. Those three things typify any and all situations like yours. Do what I did growing up, ignore them and prove them epicly wrong and keep doing those two things, but do it for yourself. Get used to being the young one around, it has taken me a lifetime (not quite 30) to realize I will not be young forever, but I am absolutely not going to apologize for what I have rightfully earned myself to this point in my life. It is always...
I have 6*s between my wedges: 48* PW (Carry it 135yards) 54* SW (bent from a 56) (Carry it 120yards) 60* LW (Carry it 95yards with a 3/4 swing for proper control) So, I have a bit of a gap between my SW and LW, but I simply fill that with a nice solid 3/4 swing from the SW. I rountinely practice this gap shot, so, for me, it works well and I use my 2iron a lot into par 5s a lot and on windy days, so I'd rather not add a fourth wedge. To each their own though. I can...
Well, as you see in my signature... My Miznuo MP29c (customs!) are still going strong some 10+ years after tossing them in my bag. Yes, my PW-7iron probably need to be regrooved (aka, retired...) but I still absolutely love them. The feedback, control, playability and just overall look and feel are just amazing. Even the offcenter hits, provided you're not tagging it off the toe or heal, only lose 2-5 yards. I will take the front bunker going straight over the trees to...
Never compare yourself to another person or player based on money or equipment. I guarantee you, when they're breaking their new toys over their needs out because they "feel" they deserve to make every shot akin to Tiger Woods and you are using the equipment you worked to earn, you win regardless of what is on the score card. This is the beauty of golf. No one deserves to make a putt. No one deserves to hit the ball 300yards. No one deserves to hole that improbable...
First, I agree with the spelling and grammar statements beyond words I can actually express. I have personally been on the Internet proper (not AOL) for over 20 years and I am not yet 30. If you want to be perceived as someone with something to contribute, you must blend in, which means spelling and grammar are absolutely essential. Microsoft Word is not the authority on grammar nor spelling and as such you must rise above the requirements of a tool for your...
Taylormade Burner TP 9.5degree with the X-stiff 65g shaft. It was a toss up between it or the Superquad and, I oddly enough, found the Burner TP to be slightly more workable and the weight move ability was not a selling point to me as I rarely if ever used it in my original R7.