or Connect

Posts by MyEyeSpy

I also narrowed it down to ap2/1 after testing everything on the market. Note that I actually did NOT & DO NOT want to play titileist, for some reason I just don't like the brand. Yet I play with ProV1's, vokeys & Ap2's... Looking at my hcp & what I was looking for in my irons Ap1 should have been the logical choice at the time. But it was a no brainer, the ap2 just felt soooo good. I have not regretted going with them even once.
Ask if they can softstep a 6.0 or hardstep 5.5 once or twice, same thing as getting a number between the lineup as has been said. But if you ask for 5.7 straight out, that you can not get as a direct product. However, hopefully if the person you talk to knows what he is doing, he will know how step them to get what you ask, like a fitter will ;) You really should get fitted, ask around, it is not overrated. If anything, it is underrated. Could be that you need the...
I'd say it is somewhere between v1 & v1x. All from my own subjective experince. v1 is the softest & spinniest, no doubt. v1x is the hardest. I can't say if v1x or IX spins more than the other, v1 spins more than both tho, quite a bit. On & around the green - V1 has the most feel, followed by IX & last v1x (of the 3 ^^). I play v1 for the feel & spin, if I wanted a ball with more distance it would be ix & not v1x I think, however I would play I over IX any day.
Every now & then a lovely 2 decade old 70 degree wedge comes with me, lovely thing ^^ Stops on a dime
Vokey, & I did, even tho I hate the look of them & love the cg12/14 design.. They simply are just that much better. The face really grips the ball, especially when it is wet. It scuffs the balls like no other club on every full shot, fyi.
My 64 was a god-send. Use a 60 vokey bent to 62 now, would kill for a 64 vokey tho. I never ever hit full shots 100y & in. The 64 is in no way at all a distance filler, it is a trejectory filler. Also I often deloft my wedges very much in my stance so a 64 plays lower to me, but it is great for me to be able to play a 64 also. On extremly fast greens it is a killer, on really steep hills it is a killer, over high trees it is a killer & from really steep sand traps it...
No easy answer ^^ In the end, it all boils down to what you prefer & what gives you confidence. But it all depends on a number of factors. How long do you hit your driver? How well & consistent do you hit it? How big is your distance gap from 3h to your driver? How do the courses you play at look? How often do you use which clubs at them? At some courses long irons dominate, while others you only need a driver, the 6 iron & wedges. I'd say start from the green & back...
In general - distance. 3w goes further than a 1h (15*ish). 1/2h(18*ish) can be hit easier & more riliable from more type of lies, ie fairway bunkers. W3 - distance H1/2 - Easier to hit & more versatile I1/2 - Accuracy & swing judge ^^
I have no problem with 1i. No problem with hybrids either. But when it comes to accuracy, no hybrid I've tried gets close the irons. Besides, long irons are good for your swing ;)
Not a WTS post but might be helpfull. I prefer irons/hybrids with irons shafts over woods for accuracy. Sadly the AP2 series only goes down to #3 =( I've tried every brand on the market. Don't really care for the wide soled ones like G10, but tried them all. The one I fell for was actually one of the cheapest ones. Hireko powerplay 5000 - 15. Costs nearly nothing & is deadly when it comes to accuracy. I can put it down a path less than 20 yards wide no problem, no...