or Connect

Posts by SteelDriver

Today i demo'd the r9 460 with the Aldila Voodoo shaft. (9.5* stiff). I loved it and hit it real well. i found an r9 460 9.5* with a stiff aldila re/ax in it on craigslist for 100 cheaper. is there going to be a big difference on ballflight between the two? i have a 103 mph swing speed (if that makes a difference)
nothing wrong with the warbirds. 2 piece that truly flys! step up to the hot bite. similar but spins better
top flite freak or gamer. cheap and gives you more than your moneys worth.
The Blacks and Reds are great balls. most stores sell 2 dozen for the price of one middle of the road ball. i never hit the penta, but i chalk it up as the same purpose TM comes out with 2 new drivers a year. Marketing their way into our pockets. whats next? an 8 piece ball caled the "octo", or maybe a 10 piece ball called the "deca"? maybe an extra layer to make sure it performs well in your bag's ball pocket... i dunno
I demo'd the Mizuno MX 25 and MX200s, the G10 and G15s, Titleist AP1s, and callaway x22s. after all of that, it wasnt even close as to which ones were the best for me. I kept coming back to the Burners.
Ping has a good fitting process. little color coded dots. make sure you're set up right there first. if you are, just practice with them. you'll get it. they have a huge offset and it sounds like your older clubs might not have had that. that alone can require a little bit of calibrating.
I have about 10 to 12 rounds under my belt with these clubs and thought I would share some thoughts on them. 1st off, I chose these because i needed more foregiveness plus an iron i could work a little bit. Now, they are significantly longer than any iron I have ever hit. almost to the point of confusion. at 1st it was scary not knowing what to hit because of fear of flying it over the green or overshooting lay-ups, but once i got the distances down, piece of cake!...
I have been playing the callaway X Hot for about 5 months. I really like the distance, but i hate the shaft length. the thing feels like its longer than my driver and the head is so far away at address. im very inconsistent with it, but when i hit it on the screws it'll go 250 off the tee or deck. Im thinking about going to a shorter 3 wood for more control, but im worried that im going to lose a lot of that distance. will that be the case? i have never hit a 3...
lob wedges are great. when you're around 90 out and need to drop and stop it, theres nothing like making it rain with a 60. i love opening the face and flopping it too. you take that full swing and it just glides and drops dead. the ol flop-a-dopalas
i play a 60 because i can hit it 90 with a full swing or open the face and flop it 20 on the money. its very versitile.