or Connect

Posts by ks8829

I truly believe that too many beginner only practice with their driver and long irons thinking that this will help them achieve their next level or breaking 80 but if you practice making solid contact and then distance control with your wedges you are actually improving your ball striking with your mid, long, fairway and even your driver while focusing on solid wedge contact.   Solid contact and distance control with your wedges will lead you to a better golf swing.
If your are concern about scoring practice and track the following during your round and journal it for us:   practice 1) Putting 2) chipping around the green 3) 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90. 100 yards from the hole.   70-80% of your practice should be on your short game.   Tracking your round 1) How many putts per front 9 and back 9 and total for 18 holes 2) How many up and downs for a one putt per hole, per front and back 9 and for total of...
This video might help, it should be renamed swing like Rory McRory.  
I agree,  I play Mizuno mp 33 blades for the last 3 years and my scores have never been lower.  The feedback from blades that sometimes you do not get on certain cavity back irons.  I tried to hit my Ping Eye 2 but could not stand the bulkyness and feel that I was not getting from all contact.   If you practice with a 8 or 7 blade iron this alone will help you on the driving range with feedback, you don't need to get a whole set of blades irons.
Do you make solid contact with your wedges? Do you come up short or long with your approach shot with your wedge? Is it distance control? How do you currently hit your wedges distances of 50-70 yards?   I usually take a shorter back swing on my 60 degree wedge and control the distance of 50-70 yards or I will aim slightly left and open my club face to take off distance and swing the same as a full shot, my 60 distance is 80 yards so I open the wedge up...
practice with a piece of string attached too two metal clothes hangers that have been cut about 8 inches tall.  The string can be 8 - 12 feet long attached on both sides.  stick the metal stick into the putting area pass the hole and the other end straight as possible away from the hole.  One side can be lower and near the hole higher.   Now practice putting standing over the string as a guide line.  your club face should not open or close but stay square to the hole...
My 10 year old daughter has been to a summer golf camp last week from 9 AM - 5 PM playing 9 holes.  She shot 40 and 44 for 9 holes a par 30 course.  trying to play 9 holes with her and a friend in her class this week.    
Great point, Thanks, ks8829  
Making solid contact will allow the club loft to get the ball in the air if you hit your irons low on the grooves you are actually topping or thining the shots.  If you look at your irons where are most of the ball marks?  low on the grooves or on the center of your club face.   One drill that I find helpful is to take your most lofted wedge, 60 or 56 degree and simple practice hitting pitch shots from the practice area of distances of 10 - 50 yards only.   The...