or Connect

Posts by ks8829

I have been walking for one hour and sometime for two hours a day.  The keys is a comfortable pace and how many steps you take, the goal is 10,000 steps a day.  On my cell phone, I have a application that is called trainer and I track on my with my gps, how many steps, calories and distance that I walk in one hour,  approximately 5,000 steps, 250 - 300 calories.   walking is easy on the body and I listen to music while I walk.    
If you are on the fringe of the green remember that you can putt the ball and most times you will get closer than if you chipped.   focus on making consistent solid contact focus on distance control practice and practice don't forget to practice putting during your round keep track of your up and downs to one putt.  how many attemps and how many successful up and down to one putt.
Track the following:   1) putts per round 2) up and down or scramble to one putt to save par or even to save a boogie 3) next hole recovery score.  this is to tracking what you do the hole after a boogie or double boogie, do you par the next hole or continue to make boogies? 4) greens hit on regulation 5) fairways hit   Sometime it help to see an overview of your round and and see where during your round you can improve to cut strokes and break 80, 75,...
Do you think you can shoot par or under without a short game?  How many players do you see miss fairways and greens and still shoot par or under on a hole.
1) A putting aid that I like to use is the string connected to two rods that can be inserted into the ground.  I position the string over the hole and this helps me keep the putter face square to the target on my back stroke and foward stroke.   2) I have several putters and I like to use a blade putter.   the reason I like the blade putter is that it will help you see any flaws in your putting stroke.   3) practice and have fun   4) enjoy putting and build...
practice chipping (an advance pracice is to chip off of hard pan and flat grass) this will help you focus on making solid contact, its all about your take away and your back swing and club positions.  You can start with hip high back swing and slowly work your way up to full swings.  
Simply practice rolling the ball to the hole with your hands and without the putter.   You can build confidence knowing that you can roll the ball smoothly to the hole and with good distance control.   Now practice putting for 15 - 30 minutes everyday, there is no substitue for practicing, you need to put in the time to become an excellent putter, no short cuts.    
A simple question is who are the top five players on tour?   What is their strength? What allows them to shoot under par consistently? Luke Donald is not a long hitter on tour but he is the number one player in the world.    
my 10 year old daughter made a father's day card and inside had this:   why do you wear two pairs of socks while playing golf? incase you get a hole in one!
I heard that it is better to eat 5 small meals a day rather than 3 larger or in another words,  grazing all day on the right foods, walnut, almonds, salads, chicken etc.