or Connect

Posts by ks8829

The relationship with my 16 year old son is improving, we are talking more and respecting each other, he's doing well in school, all A's in his classes, for now.  In about a little more than a year he will start college and possible go away. 
Playing 18 holes with my 16 year old son and his golf team mate and his dad tomorrow, 4/4.  We plan to have a fathers against sons match.    Friday, 4/1, played 9 holes with my son and 10 year old daughter. My daughter shot 17 over, my son shot 2 over and I shot 1 over.   My son is starting to get into golf, he watching the golf channel and wants to practice more,  I am delighted.    
I have hit a driver off the fairway or from the rough when I want to play a low fade shot around a tree.  Not easy to hit a driver off the deck, but it is a useful shot to have in your bag.   You will ocasionally see a pro hit a driver off the deck for added distance.
I moved from cavity backs to blades about 5 years ago and I am happy that I did, others will tell you this and that but I recommend trying blades.   I play the Mizuno mp33s that you can find on Ebay from $177 - $350 for a decent set.   http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=mizuno+mp33+set&_sacat=0&_odkw=mp33&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313   I remember rushing to the driving range after receiving the mp33s and the first thing that I notice was that they were...
I have a 16 year old son and 10 year old daughter,  life doesn't seem complete without a child in my opinion.  I recommend talking to your daughter as much as possible and reading at this early age is good.  As she get old you can introduce balls for hand eye skill that will help her later in her golf game.   Congratualation and enjoy, the years good by quickly.
1) Making consistent solid contact with the ball 2) Distance control 3) Hitting a straight putt 4) Reading the greens for breaks and speed 5) Making it all work under pressure to win a major championship   The above are to me the fundamental of putting, the other factor that compliments a great putter is a great short game that will allow you to have 23 putts per 18 holes to shoot a low score.
Playing 18 holes tomorrow, 2/21, Monday on Presidents Day Holiday with my 16 year old son and his golf team mate.  They are both playing on the High School Varsity Golf Team.  I looking forward to the time playing together.  His games is coming around, last outing for 9 holes he shot 4 over.   I better practice before we go out.  I will expect him to out drive me but we will have fun with some spirited competition.  We will have a match play game and if for every...
pre-shot routine will help you under pressure along with pre-putting routine.   when you play competitively what part of your game lets you down?
Have fun and have realistic expectations when you practice.  I always try to focus on putting, chipping around the green and from 10, 20 yards from the hole to help me get up and down to make birdie, save par or even to save boogie with a one putt.   What part of your game do you want to improve?  at 36 index if you are shooting 108 or 6 shots per hole, the short game will help you break 100 consistently.   How many putts per round? How many up and downs to one...
Try both and see what works best for your game.  I've played the mp33s for 5+ years and it's helped me become a better golfer.  I do play once a week and try to practice for 3 hours during the week on my short game and putting.   What I like about the mb irons is the feedback for slightly off shots so I can make the adjustments and get back on track.  My best rounds have been with the mb irons, -3,-1 & even for 18 holes.