or Connect

Posts by onthehunt526

I think when the Drivers got over like 425-440 cc they lost their effectiveness... The tour models of the newer drivers are smaller than 460cc...
Right now at this moment... Laying on the couch watching my 8 1/2 month old crawl on the floor... Then probably sleeping... Then cooking a hundred or so burgers at work tomorrow... Then probably putting... Maybe finishing my follow through on my drives... And more putting... Then more sleeping and eating... Then maybe chipping... Making a better golf ball choice... Then more putting... Hitting a draw... And more cooking... Maybe by Sunday I can put an hour in practicing
I was B-fit for Bridgestone e7 golf balls.. Given the last time the PGA was played at Valhalla... We had that epic Sunday between Bob May and Tiger... 1st Choice: Tiger Woods -11 2nd Choice: Angel Cabrera -11 3rd Choice: Henrik Stetson -11
Actually all but 2 clubs in my bag are Tour Edge... I have Exotics XCG-3 Driver and 4-wood... Forged V-Blade irons And DG4 rusty wedges... They are the best damn clubs I have ever played... My one gripe with them is what they charge for repairs... Dick's Sporting Goods is cheaper on that but other than that... They are great
I'll have my wife take some video... both face on and down the line... I hit it like 180-185 with a 5-iron... very high... not trying to lose the spin... just looking for a slightly flatter trajectory for windy days... I also play weaker lofts in my irons... (49º PW)... I was maybe thinking of getting a "newer" set of irons...that have slightly stronger lofts... could I need a shaft with a higher kick point?
I don't infield fly rule my shots... but I get almost no run on the Driver (even in the summer)... my irons get way up in the air and drop like a sack of potatoes on the green... even out of the rough I get very little run... what could I be doing wrong? My 5-iron goes about 180 on the fly takes one short hop and stops dead... I'm only driving it about 250-260 total with no roll... I've even had a few drives embed when it is soft... any suggestions would be greatly...
Not on the course I play... there is a par-three that CAN play 215 and is usually into the wind... but that tee is elevated and short isn't a bad miss so I usually will hit 3-iron then... if I flush it I am just over the back... That's where a 19º hybrid could come in handy... but I hit it really really almost too high.... not weak but really high... even if I try a knockdown. .. I hit it really high... weak lofts I guess... but I hit my 4-iron higher than a lot of guys I...
I would say it would be dependent on how far you drive it on average... if your hitting a sand wedge or lob wedge for your second shot... par 4... you hit driver, hybrid... yeah why not lets call it an eagle... my first eagle came was I was 15... same year I made a double-eagle... on the 7th hole at Afton...lol had 8-iron for my second shot from about 170... I had two in the same round at the league championship that year I shot 86... (three blow up holes)
I wrote another thread about dumping my 4-wood for a 17º hybrid... I am more consistant with my 17º hybrid... but I'm also going to dump my 2-iron... so that leaves me with 13 clubs... so you probably need some info to help me out here so here it is... the distances I hit each club on average with consisent contact... also I will include the lofts so that you have an idea where I'm going Driver....... 250-260.........
UPDATE: I went to the range... and found out on that I hit all three well with some practice... I don't know what to dump now... I may dump the 4 wood and 2-iron an maybe add another wedge or hybrid but that's a different thread...