or Connect

Posts by onthehunt526

9/2/15: Long putts focusing on distance control.
9/1/15: Did some chipping for about 15 minutes this morning, focusing on getting into gimmie range on my chips, it's really the only chance I have on Saturday...
I must of forgotten to post that day... My bad, you're right Erik...
9/1/15: I think one of the moderators deleted my 8/6 post so again I'm a day late and a dollar short
Thick rough is brutal... Especially when you have the ball bury at the bottom of the rough, rough 2 feet off the fairway is the worst...8/31/15:As I have 8-iron or less into most par-4s, I worked on my approach shots from 150 yards and in today, 8i, 9i, PW, AW, SW... I need to hit AT LEAST 8 GIR to beat Jess on Saturday (Jess is a guy by the way)... Jess hits it well he's just wild sometimes, and I drive it well enough to put the pressure on his driver... I just need 8 GIR...
Long story made short, it relaxes you... It gets your mind off the tension of hitting that ball a long way...Besides... During the city tournament this past weekend our little gallery, would say "Mashed Taters" every time I cranked one out there...
8/30/15; Played 17 holes... Yes 17 holes... I won my match 2 and 1... Was tempted to play the 18th to get a full 18 Hole score... I hit it about the same as yesterday just didn't have a major blow up section today... In 17 holes I was +12 Started double, bogey, par, bogey, par At 6 I hit a drive through the fairway on the right just past a tree... Hit a 73-yard pitch to 6 feet and canned the putt... After a par at 7, and bogeys at 8 and 9 (damn 3 putt at 9), I hit...
Sometimes you have trouble with the Driver because of a mental block occasionally... Mostly, if you can hit Driver one day, and not the next, if sounds like a confidence issue, I actually hit it more than I did before, right now its the best club in the bag for me...Just think "Mashed taters" when you hit the Driver... It'll help trust me...
Update 8/30/15: Driver: 250 3-wood: 225 3-hybrid: 210 4-hybrid: 198 4-iron: 190 5-iron: 180 6-iron: 168 7-iron: 157 8-iron: 146 9-iron: 135 PW: 124 AW: 105 SW: n/a
8/30/15: Played 17 holes today against Millsky, won my match 2 and 1... I have a tough match next Saturday... I'll have to play my absolute best next weekend in order to advance to the finals... I may have to beat the top three seeds in the flight to win the flight and take home the mashed potatoes and gravy... Need to work on Hybrids and 3 wood off the ground... Hit it well 4 GIR and 7 more nGIR... Need a little practice on some iron shots though...