or Connect

Posts by sacm3bill

Nothing on the top 100, but played 3 of the top 100 public, and all in one trip to Maui/Kauai in 2010:   Prince Makai Wailea Gold   I intend to cross these off within the next few years:   Edgewood Pasatiempo Pebble Kapalua Plantation Bandon (all) Coeur D'Alene    
  Yep, I get that the odds of holing 3 putts in a row, if each has a 50% chance of going in, is (0.5)3. I've just never understood how to differentiate when you'd use the combined odds from when you'd use the single occurrence odds. In the OP's case for example, the odds of each individual putt is > 50%, so it seems to me that, just as in your flipping a coin 99 times, no matter how many putts he might've missed or made before a certain point, the likelihood that he would...
 I'm not sure what side I fall on overall, but I don't see a problem with that specific point.  Yes, we still have uninsured, but there are theoretically fewer of them. And with the penalties being paid, the ones that are still uninsured are helping to subsidize the insured.
 Getting 100% of his material at the expense of the GOP has nothing to do with the fact that he's simply not funny, IMO.
  This brings up something I've always been confused about with respect to statistics. Intuitively, I agree that overall the likelihood is that one of the three putts will be missed. But from what little I remember about stats, previous results have no bearing on the next. If that's true, and if the likelihood of each putt taken on its own is > 50%, then shouldn't all 3 be one-putts? I know I'm missing something but not sure what...
 You'd better update the Wikipedia page then:   "Caffè Americano, or Americano (English: American coffee) is a style of coffee prepared by adding hot water to espresso..." Seriously though, I was always under the impression that's what an Americano was. What do you think it is if not that?
 For me, the epidemic or lack thereof is an important consideration when forming an opinion on whether call-ins should be allowed. The advantage of allowing call-ins is that you get the call right more often. The disadvantage is that players with bigger galleries and more cameras on them could potentially be penalized more often.  So when forming an opinion, I take into account how often players with more cameras on them have actually been penalized, the answer to which is...
 4 hour round? I wish! :-)
 I heard an interview with the author in which he was asked whether it bothered him that they changed so much from the book. His response was something along the lines of, "Not really - they changed so much that it's pretty much an entirely different story, so they can't even be compared."
 Yes, that was my experience. I have a Bushnell that can be set in different modes. One mode displays the farthest object it scans (so you can lase a deer through the brush or tree branches), another displays the closest object (so you can sweep across the flag and it will register it instead of background tress and other objects.) There's a 3rd mode but I forget what it does...