or Connect

Posts by sacm3bill

Guess who just became my favorite golfer on the Tour.
  Not sure if that's true, would have to do the math, but...   Just to be clear to those who might not have checked out that link, they aren't all reset to zero - each player gets their points reset based on the standings at the time.   If the points were not reset in some way, someone could win it all without even playing in the last tournament (if they had a big enough lead). I think that happened in the early years of the Cup, so they've tweaked it since then to try to...
  Yep, what GD said, plus I'll add that the new laws were *not* "semantics for things we already knew", in the sense that not many people knew that club face determined starting direction and swing path determined flight path - most believed the opposite until recent years.     Agreed, you need to filter out the cockiness to enjoy the article, but once you do that it's interesting.
    I think Brandel has a lot of good insights in that article, but this is a tad disingenuous, at best:  
  That's all fine, but that's not what we're talking about. You said this:     You didn't say anything there about being stuck behind a slow guy. You said you intentionally go the same speed as the guy next to you, Don't do that please.
  I hear ya, but in my experience, no matter how clueless the desk person is they're going to try to put singles and twosomes together.
  Actually you can negate *all* the blind spots. But that doesn't mean the guy next to you knows how to do that.  And even he does, you're still taking away that emergency maneuvering option from both of you.
  Of course there's still the possibility that, regardless of how open the tee sheet was at the time you booked, it might be busy by the time you play. If so, and another single or twosome show up wanting to get on, the course is going to put them with you.   But in general yeah, what I do if I want to play alone is monitor the booked tee times - not necessarily on golfnow, I can use the course's booking system directly because I usually don't book a time for myself, I...
  What's worse is when someone moves over in front of me when there wasn't a bloody soul in front of them in their lane for miles. Happens to me at least once a week.     If I'm going faster than the cars in the right lane and will eventually be clear of them with an opportunity to move back over and let the cars behind me by, then yeah it's a douche move for someone to be right on my bumper. But I would never intentionally go the same speed as the car next to me when I...
  Agreed - but I interpreted the OP as saying the tees had all been moved but not yet given a new rating. Usually if some tees are moved back then others are moved forward and it all averages out - but since it sounded like *all* the tees were back I assumed they were reconfiguring the course somehow. I guess I'm unclear on the nature of the tee movement.     Yep, I assume that's why the tables specify adjusting from the closest set of rated tees (which would be the...