or Connect

Posts by meenman

Dont worry about your scores when you start. Keep score, but dont stress it.   Yes, most *golfers* cheat. My Saturday group takes 2 off the first tee and has their own *tree root* rule.   2 of my friends that I played with when I first started (both had started about 15 years before me) claimed to always shoot in the low 80s. Neither could break 100 playing by the rules. One of them finally learned to play by the rules and is now close to a single digit index.   The...
That's cool, I know warrior adds a solid nickel to your check every time you make one of these posts.
Another bunker hole out yesterday (for par), still closest sniff to an eagle is 6 inches.
I would say that I am improving, GIR is now in play on every hole with 2 or 3(par 5) good shots, not hero shots. Putts per GIR are always higher than putts per hole. The point of the game is to shoot lower scores, improvement is all in the eyes of the beholder - you like to count your long shots as more likely your average than your missed ones - they all factor in equally - a broken clock is right twice a day. Dont think for a minute that I am hitting driver wedge on...
Nothing wrong with experimenting - its the only way you will find the truth. But most golfers hit shorter clubs with more accuracy. I know I have better luck hitting greens with an 8 iron than i do with a 4 hybrid.
I played at 6600 for years because my friends wouldnt move up - every yard adds more trouble for a higher HCer. One mistake and I would shoot a 102. Now from 6000 yards, 90 is breakable and I have to be really hungover to fear the triple digit score. The change for me was 3 holes, one par 4 that went from guaranteed double to almost automatic bogey with a great par chance, a par 3 that is now hittable instead of a 190 yard shot that allowed for no mistake and another par 4...
How fun is it shooting 3 digit scores? At a 22 playing back tees, you are not breaking 100 often. I had friends like you guys (mind you they are much older) - it took me years to finally convince them to move up. All of them are long hitters and they are now enjoying the game a lot more moving up. None of us has had our index change much, but our scores are lower - that is the beauty of the handicap system - it takes all of that into consideration.
  My *knowledge* of your game was based on your previous post. You obviously like to play tees based on your one in a million shot, good for you - but teeing it forward will not hurt your game either.  But with a little further knowledge, the only tees you are playing that are out of your league is the 7000 yard one - you are correct, the rest of them are not long. When you make a statement about playing from the tips, it comes across differently - colors mean nothing...
As my own (unintentional) human guinea pig, i can tell you that diet soda does nothing to help weight loss.   Drinking 3-4 coke zero's a day, 4 days a week over a 16 hour work shift put some serious weight gain on me - basically giving back all i had lost when cutting myself back to one regular coke a day.   Over the past month, I have gone to water as my drink of choice and am slowly on my way back down.   Mind you, I have horrible eating habits - while my work...
Come on bill, playing from the tips as a 19 HC is far from justified - if you have the distance, then obviously you have a low golf IQ and are teeing off with the wrong clubs. Dont kid yourself, you are not hitting a significant amount of par 5s in 2 nor are you hitting pitch shots as your second shot on par 4s at your handicap. Now if you have just not adjusted your profile handicap and dont know how to, then i take it all back.