or Connect

Posts by rstyle

Right hand swing Developed tendinosis with tenderness in the outer part of the lower Achilles' tendon and outer part of the insertion of my right foot Tender to touch when walking a while, particularly uphill Every time I stopped playing golf for a couple of weeks it would get better but as soon as I played golf it came back in the same place. I assumed it was related to walking on the course or the greens even if I was riding a cart. Today after going to the range I...
I am left handed Played baseball most of my life as a righty because as a kid in a small town it was nearly impossible to find a glove for a lefty   I play golf right handed but putt left handed (tried both ways but much better putter as a lefty)
Is she athletic or play other sports? Does she know other women that play? Is she 30 or 65 yrs old? Patience, Patience, Patience! If she shows slight interest buy her several lessons. There are places with female golf pros that may make her more comfortable play 9 holes only for a while   My wife became an addict. Beware!! Everything will cost you x2
Spitfisher mentioned something that I had thought about in the past.. In my area golf course paths are off limits at all times except for golf carts. I imagine there is risk of people going and damaging the course after hours But.............I don't know how many times my wife and I go out for a walk or a bike ride in the evening and have to go in the streets when it would be really nice to go (after hours) in widened and paved cart paths. I am sure young joggers would...
I am sure this is an old topic but  I keep reading of foolish ides of how to get people to play golf. Bigger hole, less holes etc. This is where I see some of the problems   1) My wife and I love to play golf. Which means that every golf outing or trip costs me double. Recently looked at a "resort" in Florida.     Special package $587 per person for 2 rounds and stay. Waling, 80-100 dollars for caddy per bag. So....more than $1,300 for my     wife and I to play golf...
Seems that when I turn the shoulders and bring the club back I lean forward and end up with my weight in the front of the right foot (right handed golfer) They tell me to try to feel some weight in the heel; of the right foot at the end of the backswing but I have a hard time doing it I feel I am not going to hit the ball on my forward swing or I am going to sway back Any practice tips on how to feel the correct weight on your right foot on the backswing?? Thanks
Don't wear one ......but carry one in my bag. I find that when it gets real hot in the summer my hands get sweaty and,even drying with a towel, on occasion one hand slips of the other one. I then put a glove on.
Always thought, that although a little bit more difficult or uncomfortable for the player, marking in front of the ball would prevent people from doing this. In addition, if the ball moves when you pick up the mark (not good),. it would move farther away from the hole. Some rules do not make sense to me. Like having to play from a huge divot made by someone playing his first rounds of golf
Both my wife and I are 60 yr old and with no health issues. We both play golf Would like to get the longer trainer but it would be nice if she could use it too. She is 5'6 and 132 lbs. Not sure if the Golden may be too short for me. Could she use the longer trainer and just grip down a couple of inches to make it a little shorter
Looked at the OrangeBall Whip I can see how it would help with tempo and slowing you down But.............over a hundred bucks??  Wow