or Connect

Posts by Crafty

The R9 is quickly becoming the most popular driver on the PGA Tour and is finding its way in to the hands of many many non-Taylormade staffers. The ability to completely customize a driver is definitely a major improvement in club technology.
There was an article about that in Golf Digest i bleive a while back. It had something to do with the fact that the ProV1x has a slightly thinner urethane cover, which somehow induces more spin than the ProV. Im not for certain but that was the case IIRC.
I try not to get bogged down in the specific specs of my clubs. I like the ballflight I get with my driver, so it's good enough for me.
Very true. Johnny tends to grow fond of players that he can relate to (then again don't we all ). But honestly, I think Ogilvy deserves every last bit of hype he gets, he has a very sound game.
I think some of the constant hype during the match play came from the Johnny Miller effect. Once Johnny decides that he likes a player, there will be hype about that player for the rest of the tournament.
I would definitely have to agree with the fact that he doesn't have the same squatting motion of previous years when he tries to rip one.
I wouldn't consciously try to sweep the ball off the ground. Although that is the idea, the thought of sweeping the ball of the ground often causes players to unconsciously attempt to hit up on the ball. So if push comes to shove, I would rather see someone hit down on a 3 or 5 wood if that is the only way that they can avoid hitting the ball thin.
Any time that you are trying to improve in the game of golf (whether from a 25 or a 5), you have to force yourself out of your comfort zone during practice time. Hit shots you wouldn't usually hit, especially when it comes to the short game. By hitting these unusual shots, you will expand your arsenal. In addition, you might also find the straight forward shots even easier than you do now. Best of luck with your improvements!!
If Ernie can work on these two things, I think he will contend in many tournaments: -Putting -Maintaining wrist angle on his down swing. Easier said than done i suppose
To Luke Donald: Stop switching drivers and start winning majors.