or Connect

Posts by Crafty

First I always take the time to work on mechanics and my ball contact. Ill hit anywhere from 30-50 shots from the intermediate rough, making sure that I am making solid contact and getting a consistent trajectory. When there is nobody at our practice green, I do what I call an around the world chipping drill. I walk around the green and place balls every 3 or 4 feet, alternating between fringe, intermediate cut, and rough. Then, I work my way around the green, rotating...
Lets put in into perspective. My dad and I are both scratch golfers. The course we play at hosts a Nationwide Tour Event. The best score I have ever shot from the tips is 71 (-1). My dad has shot 70. However, the low on the day is consistently in the low 60's during the Nationwide Tour Event. And thats just the Nationwide
What you feel is not going to equate perfectly to how the two shafts measure out. For example, the DGS300 is roughly a 5.8 on the Rifle Scale. However, the Project X shaft has a much stiffer butt section than the S300, which is why people tend to feel like the 5.5 and S300 are roughly identical in flex although the s300 frequencies a touch stiffer. Numbers are good to know, but nothing will be a better source than what you feel when you hit them. Best of luck!!!
From waht I know, each putter is designed with a certain amount of "toe hang". If the toe hang is greater, then the putter will fit better someone who strokes the ball with an arc. If it is less, it is intended more for the sqaure to sqaure stroke. People say mallets are better for a sqaure to square stroke because the design of the head often promotes less "toe hang", making it easier to stroke that putter sqaure to sqaure. I would definitely agree that shaft...
As far as practice goes, there is no replacement for quality repetition. In golf, the best way to get better is to learn to do something the correct way and do it over and over until it is natural to the body. This is why tour professionals are so consistent. They spend time with an instructor and then spend the rest of their time repeating that move/motion until it is commited to muscle memory. However, the way golf is practiced is rapidly changing as well. Practice...
With the exception of the semi-indoor range i go to once or twice a week in the winter, I completely stay away from golf. As hard as it is, I have come to realize that I get into very bad habits swinging clubs in my basements.
As "pompous" as it may sound, there is almost no doubt in my mind that he has a much better grasp of the game compared to the average high handicapper, so I don't find it ridiculous at all that he would say something along those lines. As for the question, im gonna make a blanket statement and say that you probably are missing out on a few yards. But at your swing speed, you obviously make a pretty strong move at the ball, which means that a steel shaft may be better...
not necessarily. Trimming the tip of a shaft will make the shaft play stiffer, which is something you may not want.
I would respectfully disagree with those figures. Most pros hit their sand wedge (54-56 degrees) a max of about 115 yards with lob wedges (roughly 60 degrees) anywhere from 85-100. On the topic of big hitters, I would say that anybody that hits their driver over 275 yards at roughly sea level is hittin a pretty long ball.
Well said. i also find correct alignment very tough when you are opening/closing the club face.