or Connect

Posts by mutadayen

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour driver stiff for $250 on eBay. How I won that bid at that price is beyond me
It was definitely a driver on a sharp dogleg left hole.  I watched it again as i was working from home and it had it in the background.  Rory and Tiger both took out drivers, Rory went with the layout of the course (as did the other playing partner), and Tiger faded it over the trees.  All were in teh fairway, but because of the fade and the setup of the hole, Tiger was way behind the other two
Honestly, that makes sense.  That simple sentence has explained more than most experts on the golf channel have explained
I saw him hit draws last year with his 3 and 5 woods at Doral, so I know he can do it.  Yes, you are right in the wording.  For whatever reason he is choosing to elect to not hit draws.  The commentators of the tourney were mentioning it on TV pretty much on every drawable hole, noting that he only hits fades.  That's where my wording originated from.  It's a good question, but only one that he and Sean Foley can really answer
What i've noticed, and maybe this is just me, but I stayed up and watched the first round of Dubai tourney last night and he appears never to be able to hit a draw.  The entire back 9 is set up for a draw, and he only hit fades.  On one particular hole, he was between 40-50 yards behind Rory, who both use the same driver, but Tiger hit a fade electing to go over trees where Rory following the course setup.  Is it just me, or has the draw been completely wiped away from his...
I dont think the weight training or his physical routine really is having a negative impact to his game.  I dont think that's been an issue.  What i've noticed, and maybe this is just me, but I stayed up and watched the first round of Dubai tourney last night and he appears never to be able to hit a draw.  The entire back 9 is set up for a draw, and he only hit fades.  On one particular hole, he was between 40-50 yards behind Rory, who both use the same driver, but Tiger...
I've been doing something all summer that has worked reliably from the driver on down to the wedges that has gotten me (1) far better accuracy and consistency and (2) further distance on all my clubs.  At address, i've been "pushing" my left hip (im a right hander) about a couple inches towards the target which results in my tilting my head behind the ball a bit more at address, and keeps me in that position throughout the swing to promote, if not exaggerate, that "hanging...
I fought with the same issue and never found consistency.  I took lessons this year and I worked on a concept of "hanging back" in the downswing.  What I actually found wasnt so much the feeling of hanging back in the downswing, but tilting a bit more away from the ball in the setup position.  I would advise trying putting the ball back where you previously had it on the heel of your foot, and on your setup tilting from the waist up only, with your head about 6 inches...
New girlfiend effect.  But in my opinion, I find that steel shafts provide more stability.  I started off with graphite shafts 8 years ago and switched to steel shafts a couple years after, and while the transition took a little time, it was has led to more consistent results.   
I've been struggling with slicing the driver and not feeling confident that my iron shots would go in the direction I wanted them to go for a couple of years now, but one drill has literally made all the difference (and god knows i've read all the magazines and watched endless videos that all said the same thing...swing out to first base, but that rarely worked consistently).  I watched a video about getting a feeling like your hands and club on the downswing feel like...