or Connect

Posts by jfrain2004

Set a backyard practice area up for £30.  Have a driving range 1/2 mile down the road but kids and a wife means that even that is a stretch to get to.  The important thing to remember is don't waste your time getting an expensive kevlar ( if they make em ) type net.  I went through 2 nets in a matter of days.  A net has to soak a lot of forces when a golf ball hits it,  esp if it is tight.  What I did was took the two nets I busted put them on top of each other like you...
I have given up on my driver, RIP. It got subbed last dady on the 10 Tee box after a 10 over front nine. Drives were that skewed I saw parts of the course I never knew existed.  My 3H Diablo came off the bench and did the job.  7 out of 7 fairways hit and just went long on one par 3. Dropped just one stroke over the back nine and that bogey was not because of a lack of distance but just a poor 8 Iron in.  The way I see it is I'm getting greedy again.  Confidence is back....
True,  I always wait if the group is just at the limit of my tee shot distance. I know from experience there is nothing worse than playing an approach shot and hear a "thump" behind you as some clown has just teed off while I am about to shoot my second.  And if I'm on the tee box and think if I hit my career shot here then I could hit those guys in front then I wait.  No point in being afraid of hitting a good drive.  However,  when a golfer has just "Nailed" a 200...
clarkgriswold hit it on the nail.  The guy that hits it out 180yrd on a par 5 then waits for green to clear before hitting his next 350yrd 3 wood is the type of golfer I can't hack. And D-Man is spot on as well with the guys that play with dimpled golden nuggets.  They hit a ball OOB and proceed to follow it.  Courses are to blame here for allowing gaps in their perimiter that encourages guys to go looking for balls they have hit OOB.  Am I correct in saying that...
As an ex weekly golfer that can't hack 5hr+ games of golf who thinks this would work in club golf. Bit like you have for speed control on a road except in reverse.  Every 4 ball is clocked out,  at a given time,  then they're told,  see ye back in the clubhouse at 4Hr from now.  If not then ye're disqualified unless the 4 ball directly infront of ye did not make it back in the desired time.  Then the other 3 guys in the group are your time keepers and vice versa.  If...
Hmmm, this thread is a great laugh.  Guys getting all worked up about whither they are up against legal equipment or not. What is needed IMHO is more illegal equipment for all the hackers that I see out every day holding up play so they can actually get a round in under 5 hrs. I've had to stop playing weekly golf 2 years ago because I simply don't have the time to spend over 5 hrs on a course on a Sat morning and playing at sunrise before the hackers get out is not an...
My swing has gone under the knife with my golf Instructor big time this year and finally startinig to see the benefits on the course. The "hope I don't duff this one with my mates looking" feeling is being replaced with "I hope them boys are looking when I nail this f**ker" Out on the course last evening and I was hitting some decent drives but all were starting straight, going a bit too high and fading right 10 or 20 yrds. I play the ball for my driver in a straight...
Is there much benefit to be gained from paying for a fitting session and then going off any buying a second hand club off ebay that suits the reccomendations the fitter gives me or does it have to be the latest and greatest driver I get to gain the most benefit?  $$$ is the problem and I don't have the cash to justify spending it on a brand new driver if I can gain almost as much from buying the correct driver but a used one instead.  My Pro tells me that my swing speed...
I have 2 Cally hybrids,  Diablo edge 21* and 27*. The lowest one only goes to 18 Deg but I was hoping to get something a bit lower. Any one reccomend a similar club but in a slightly lower loft?  15 or 16* would be good.
I have used a friends club  http://thesandtrap.com/products/callaway-diablo-edge-3-hybrid-regular-right-handed-graphite/owners/   and after a bucket of what I would consider perfect shots by my own standard I have to get one. Problem is every site seems to be selling Lefty ones.   I only see the Tour version in the config I want.  What is the diff do you think between a tour version vs a standard version of this club?