or Connect

Posts by georgep

I try to keep my swing thoughts in the single digits.     Lately, I'm usually thinking something like "keep the chest toward the ground" or "smooth transition." 
Played 18 yesterday trying to hit my key backswing keys... moving behind ball, chest laser, umbrella (I only focus on the first for my actual shot, the others on practice swings). Then shifting to visualizing throwing a ball on my forward swing.  It helps a lot. Basically just three bad swings (old moves creeping back in) and a brain fart blew up an otherwise solid round.   Worked on slow motion backswings this morning hitting all the keys above, then topped it off with...
Hit a small bucket, making a practice swing to rehearse keeping my chest pointed toward the ground. Then taking a full swing with one difference... After getting to the top of the back swing I changed my mental thought to throwing a ball out along my target line about 12 feet in front of me. It seemed to make a big difference as I was getting through the ball much better. We'll see if I can take it to the course tomorrow. 
15 mins of mirror work and slow practice swings working on keeping my chest pointing toward ground (chest laser). 
Ticklish one!
 That it was.  Yesterday's round was truly amazing.  
And it's set at 11!
Perhaps there was a small earthquake while the shot was in flight, and an upheaval of the mounding at the front of the green.  Nice save of par, either way.
And, apparently, Oosthuizen missed five putts inside 10 feet today.  He could have a size-able lead right now. 
The line that Dustin just took was stupid! Unless, of course, you can get away with it.  Sheesh!