or Connect

Posts by slinkee

You are very correct on the follow through. No matter how hard I try I'm having to try and save the shot with my hands and arms. When I try and have more passive arms it seems to result in a massive slice most likely due to the open club face. I think my backswing is a huge part of this problem?
  I've been playing golf for 7 years. My current handicap is 10 My typical driver ball flight is a fade, but lately it's turned into a huge, ballooning slice. My irons are much more consistent, although my typical miss with those tends to be either a slight fade or slight draw.  The shot I hate the most and what I'm trying to get rid of is this enormous slice that I've suddenly acquired with my driver over the past few weeks. Looking at my own swing video I see several...
This is most common with my driver. I film my swing regularly trying to figure some things out, and today I noticed that my belt buckle points pretty far left of my target (I'm a right handed player) in my follow through. Among some of the other common causes of a slice, I'm wondering if this could be a contributing factor? I know you always hear about "pointing your belt buckle at the target" so I'm just seeking some information on this It's too dark to be out hitting...
Well I've been trying to figure out this fade/slice issue I've been dealing with ever since I started the game 2 years ago. I haven't played all summer and got an opportunity to head out the other day and was happy to come home with a 95. However, I realized that my lower back was hurting ... a lot ... and for some reason I noticed it now, and was wondering if it was an issue. To be honest, I've always known that I've done this. Just this time, after taking a few...
I've been golfing for a year and a half now and have reached the 90's rather consistently, perhaps the low 90's at least over my last many rounds. I had an opportunity to play 6 entirely new courses over my spring break with a buddy of mine and managed to shoot between 92-96 the whole week. I'm very happy with this. Anyway, I'm wanting to improve upon all of that so here's a few things I'm doing and could use some feedback. Last year I spent every waking hour reading golf...
Is your ball flight the same?
So a major point here would be to make sure I'm dropping the club in on the inside? Perhaps to the point where a divot taken would point slightly away from me?
Thanks so much for these replies this is going to help. A few questions, however. One, how do you stop using that left leg for a rotational axis? I've been working on "snapping" the left leg on the down swing to get my hips to stop sliding. My instructor told me that my lower body was also out racing my upper body and that this should help. Another question is, do you think my backswing is too far on the inside? I noticed in the video after taking a closer look just now...
Hold that thought ... I have a front view coming up right now. :)Edit: Here it is http://www.swingacademy.com/swingana...l.aspx?id=1798
Speaking of the wrists, one thing I do notice is that my right hand tends to gravitate from on top of the club (where I start with a neutral grip) to down the right side of the club (more of a strong grip) when i approach impact, thus leaving the face open. I cannot seem to keep my hand on the club and that's something I've been working hard on.