or Connect

Posts by mn723

I play my best when I only have one swing thought "slow & easy." Pick up Bob Rotella's books..... great for the mental game. Golf is too hard to not take a simplistic approach to it.
You weren't the first nor last to do something like that. Handling nerves (of that kind) gets better with age & experience. I topped my 1st tee shot into the pond in front of the tee box during my 1st match as captain of my high school team. I also shot 87 in my 1st college tournament round after qualifying for the varsity team with a couple 73's.
I do it probably 5 - 8 times a year and play around 100 rounds a year. I usually have to get my putter rolling to break par (no 3 putts), hit 12+ greens and have a day where I get some breaks. Some days that cup just looks like a basketball hoop. Best round ever was -4 (67) and best round this year so far was -2 (70).
As with most official competitions, you keep your opponents official scorecard. However, you should also keep your own score at the bottom of your opponents card for verification after the round. Where I grew up, each team had 6 players and the 4 best scores of those counted each day.
I played D-3 golf on a pretty good top 10 nationally ranked team. However, D-3 golf has a lot of variation in the skill level from team to team. In our conference of 8 schools or so there were only 3-4 teams that had a realistic chance of winning tournaments or the conference. To make the squad for a contending team you had to shoot at least in the 74-80 range consistantly and closer to par to stay on the varsity starting 5 that traveled week to week. If you played for...
I'm not sure, but this statement sounds incorrect.
I replied "No" but I'm kind of in the middle on this. At my home course I buy Hole-In-One insurance each year that charges me a couple bucks whenever another member gets an ace, but then the club provides those with insurance a drink when an ace is made. If I ever make an ace then I don't buy anything, I get some pro-shop credit (a couple hundred bucks I think) and everyone gets free drinks from the club. Lat season there was 5 or so aces at our club. If I was...
3wood, 20 degree hybrid, gap wedge, sand wedge
In my opinion, the range should be used to gauge and focus on your ball flight and not your distance. Range balls can be so variable in the design and condition that distance isn't really accurate to what you'll have when actually playing with new balls.
I work on putting in my living room...... if all golf consisted of was straight 5 footer on carpet I'd win The Masters every year!!! I also stretch out my arms, legs, shoulders and back a lot in preparation for the season.... sounds lame and something for the elderly, but it keeps me mentally prepared. I swear just thinking about the game during the offseason is a good way to get ready. I can't stand hitting balls off of mats, primarily because I make big divots and those...