or Connect

Posts by JerseyThursday

That’s my exact point. SAND traps need to be scaled back dramatically. Golf is just as challenging and enjoyable without all the upkeep and cost of sand traps.FYI, I'm fairly decent at hitting out of sand traps. Decent ones, that is.
...or cut down on them, in a huge way, both on exclusive courses and public courses?   As a person who plays in a league that covers three public courses, I’ve come to realize that the biggest discrepancy between the courses the average golfer plays and the courses players on tour & affluent golfers play is the condition of sand traps. It’s almost like two different sports. Fortunately my home course (which is semi- private, and old -hence, not a ton of monstrous traps)...

I believe the stammering was a result of the beautiful breasts a mere few feet away.
Ishikawa gets loose by hitting one-handed bunker shots & swinging a club w/ a 2kg medicine ball attached to it...  
I’ve never fully understood the ruling on distance stakes. More specifically the ones in the middle of the fairway. At a lot of courses they are painted wood with a spike at the bottom. With those types, I always see the golfer pull it out of the ground toss it to the side, make their shot and place it back. Is this within the rules?
 I agree.Golf Digest has been trying to rebrand itself, with transparent efforts to make itself younger and “edgier”, and has failed miserably.Its a publication exclusively intended for the sport of golf. Having photos of Paulina Gretzky, Jimmy Fallon, and Johnny Manziel on the cover isn’t going to attract non-golfers to buy the magazine. All its going to do is lose credibility with its core golfing readers.Burning a bridge with one of the marquee players in the game (like...
I've never been one to defend Tiger, but on principle I think he has a point. When Jenkins tweets that he thinks he “let him off easy”, it seems to validate Tiger's point that it was a vendetta piece with a lame cover of being parody/satire.
I’ve played several courses in Ohio that have these. All of ones I’ve seen are permanent. They are huge and the post is buried in the ground (I assume in concrete).    
Its hard to gauge other aspects of the game with technical advances in the ball and clubs (especially the ball) from generation to the next.   I was wondering if all the incredible variations of R&D into putter heads and shaft/neck/grip options has resulted in better putting for the tour pros of today. It probably has made it a bit better for the average golfer, but if you were to take 20 top touring pros from today and 20 from the 1960’s (who mostly would be using some...