or Connect

Posts by JerseyThursday

Its hard to gauge other aspects of the game with technical advances in the ball and clubs (especially the ball) from generation to the next.   I was wondering if all the incredible variations of R&D into putter heads and shaft/neck/grip options has resulted in better putting for the tour pros of today. It probably has made it a bit better for the average golfer, but if you were to take 20 top touring pros from today and 20 from the 1960’s (who mostly would be using some...
 Like her friend in this photo?She's thinking: “hey, where’re you putting that left hand you self-loving camera hog?” 
Along the same lines (no pun intended). This is really a great exercise to stretch the necessary muscles. I bought a 10’ wood curtain rod at Home Depot and cut it down to 8’. The simple workout in the backyard has made a great difference.    
      Look at the all the wedges coming out with extra large soles/bounce: I.G. Taylormade ATV Wedge, the Nike Dual Wide Wedge and the Cleveland Smart Sole Wedges.   These (I assume) are meant for people who aren’t looking for perfection out of bunkers and tall grass around the green. Just the easiest way out, somewhere on the green in one shot.   Which leads us to the much maligned Alien wedge from 20+ years ago. Sure they had terrible marketing (see TV...
 Why would you ever present someone you don’t know as an example for your kids?The biggest influence on values comes from what the kids see from their parents.
I’m in the Adam Scott camp for a swing that's poetry in motion..   When it comes to putting stoke I love the form of Adam Scott, Bernhard Langer, Webb Simpson, Carl Pettersson and Keegan Bradley until this week.  
The FBI and SEC don’t mess around when they smell something fishy. Martha Stewart was not convicted of insider trading but went to jail for lying to the authorities. Phil needs to be as upfront as possible with the Feds during the investigation. They hate being lied to.
NEW YORK, May 30 (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Securities and Exchange Commission are investigating possible insider trading involving billionaire investor Carl Icahn, golfer Phil Mickelson and Las Vegas gambler William Walters, a source familiar with the matter said. Federal investigators are looking into whether Mickelson and Walters may have traded illegally on private information provided by Icahn about his investments in public...
 Strange. Wonder why vertical curvature is ok and not horizontal? See image below of the conforming MDX putter. Not to mention horizontal curvature is much more difficult to hit, so I’m not sure I understand illegality of it.   My initial intrigue on why the orange whip putter was non-conforming had to do with the shaft. I wondered if the incredible flex or the material was somehow illegal.
 So the pat answer to anyone that asks a question on the rules forum is “use google”, or “buy a rulebook”?