or Connect

Posts by jho786

I submitted a review.
My home club is the Royce Brook Golf Club (www.roycebrook.com). I joined this year and I absolutely love it. It was built in 2002 and is designed by Steve Smyers. It has a really unique look to it (think inland grass/heathland) and is not like anything in NJ which is mostly parkland courses. It is a very difficult course if you find yourself in the bunkers or on the wrong side of the greens. The front 9 is very much like a links with no trees and lots of bunkers. ...
When I was a mid to late teen my father and I always butted heads with arguments based on logic or how we thought things worked. He thought he was right and I did too so that never worked out. My mother always told me that that is how all the men on my dad's side of the family are and that it's the german stubbornness lol. I went off to college and we both cooled down and I realized that sometimes it's just better to not get into arguments about nothing. Now that I'm...
The seventh hole at my new club is the first course I've played with a driveable par 4. It is very difficult to land the ball on the green because of the deep bunkers in front of the green and the pot bunker behind it. Long and left is dead because of a very difficult pitch shot from rough or fescue. The hole plays 310 from the tips (blue) but I play the greens 1 ahead and is 290. It is also difficult to get the ball to fade off the slope at the same angle the green is...
If you play a lot of golf than the benefit of being a member becomes more of how much you enjoy your golf than how much it costs. Like OB said you have to know if it's a golf club or country club. Country clubs have other things to do besides golf too. I was a member of a place that called itself a C.C. but it wasn't anything close to it. I just joined because for the $$ it was a no brainer and I got a lot better. This year I joined a golf club that has 2 courses (one...
This is my new home club www.roycebrook.com
I have a Droid and used the 24 hour trial that GolfLogix was offering and loved it. I also tried nRange which gave you aerial views via Google Earth and you could touch the screen and it would give you yardages and the front/center/back of each green but when trying to get the cursor to certain spots it was tricky and cumbersome. It was more tedious and time consuming whereas GolfLogix, you just turn on the screen and you can see all the important yardages. I turned the...
I do P90X and that is a great leg workout. Ever since starting it my balance is infinitely better. I used to fall over my left leg because of atrophy from a year long surgery rehab when I was a kid (I'm 23 now) and I am in near perfect balance everytime.
Denver, I played 45 holes this weekend and it's not easy at all. From the blue tees, it's just shy of 6600 yards (72.8/134) and from the black it's 7005 (74.8/137) and requires you to shape the ball both ways. There are lots of bunkers and hazards too, four consecutive holes on the back 9 play through and around a huge pond. The course was renovated last year but I wasn't a member then so I wouldn't know what it was like before but the older members say that the...
It's $1500 and that's it. That gets you unlimited green fees and practice use (no xtra charge for balls). Only other charges are cart, locker and handicap service.