or Connect

Posts by ragontona

I decide to stop in to The Trap and this argument's STILL going on. It's been going on for years. Awesome.
Nice to see that I can drop off the site for a year and we're still arguing this
380, downhill, downwind. Flat surface longest drive was 315. Average drive is about 270...
They're an introduced species with absolutely NO natural controls in the United States. Their numbers far outweigh any potential predators, so they pretty much go unfettered in their life cycles. They eat vegetation as beetles, but also worth remembering is that in their larvae form (grubs) they can be devastating to turf grasses like your lawn, fairways, and greens. I blow 'em away any chance I get. They're not harmless little bugs. Tell a fruit farmer that...
They rehab'd it. It used to have a MAJOR ding in the topline (bag chatter after a three-putt). Can't even tell it was ever there now.By the way, took it out this morning for its first round with the new finish. It rolled just as true as ever, and the difference in feel was negligible (at least for me).
I'll keep an eye on it. Worst case scenario -- I don't like it and send it to Scotty's studio after the season to get it restored to its original state.
The actual service itself ended up around $60 ($46 for the finish, $13 to pull/replace the shaft). I paid an extra $30 for the express service... I believe the normal turnaround time is 3-4 weeks, and I got mine back in two. So it ended up around $90 plus shipping. Less if you're patient and can be without your gamer for about a month. Not too bad, considering it's essentially a brand new putter now. Oh, and the custom paintfill was free with the refinish.
I didn't inquire about a warranty or anything, but the Black Oxide finish will last for as long as you take care of it. I used to have a black Studio Design that needed to be wiped dry after every round with a silicon cloth, and the finish was quite durable when cared for correctly. I plan on taking care of this putter in the same way.The customer service reps are very helpful, and quite responsive with their emails, I found.
Sent my Newport into Black Oxide Services in California a couple of weeks ago. Got it back today, and I'm pleased with the results. Unfortunately, I don't have any "before" pics, but it's a Studio Stainless Newport, was pretty well-worn, and had a major ding on the topline. BOS worked out the dings and applied a triple black finish for me. I believe that Scotty used to use their services for his putters.
Short answer: You have to wait for them to wave you through. Never hit into the group ahead of you intentionally.