or Connect

Posts by JYB

i really would love to meet you one day erik. i gurantee we would get along.
this thread is fantastic. everyone has helped to prove my own personal theory that golfers' are totally out of it. good job.
i don't get the point of the article then. to me it makes GD look like GQ and that's that.
Whatever you people want to think is fine by me but the game isn't going to gain any new players or fans because Justin Timberlake is on the cover of Golf Digest. If you want to expand the game to younger people, you'll make the game accessible to them. I.e. basketball is easily accessible and popular to all because it's inexpensive to play. All you need is a hoop (any public park) and a ball and you're set to go. Golf? You need clubs, you need tons of land, you...
perhaps where you're from, self worth doesn't have to do with celebrity but that's not the case in New York. secondly, if i wanted to read about celebrity musicians, i would buy rolling stone, GQ, Details or any one of the thousands of magazines that deal with this kind of crap. i read golf digest because i want to learn about GOLF, not hear about Justin Timberlake or Francis Ford Coppolla or Cameron Diaz, etc. etc. etc. Why was Justin Timberlake picked to...
great, go ahead and keep sucking celebrities off in this bullcrap american celebrity driven culture. By Justin Timberlake (not his real name, guranteed) being put on the cover of GOLF DIGEST, that publication is feeding into the same crap that keeps this country down - if you're not famous, then you are nothing. I would like to see GD put one of YOU, one of the READERS on the cover. that would be a change, instead of putting a small, d*ckish pop singer decked out in...
I'm living in New York and although Golf Digest says now is the time to join a country club b/c prices are at an all time low, it's not really the case in NYC because the prices here are NEVER low and there are way too many wealthy people so... My question is regarding country club prices in Florida, particularly, the Boca Raton area. Now, i've done some online research on the country clubs down there and a few that have come up are St. Andrew's, Boca West & Broken...
IF THIS ISN'T THE FUNNIEST SHOT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS : I hit into a bunker on the side of an EXTREMELY downhill slanted green that's about 75 feet long. Anyways, i'm in this bunker, southwest of the green and i take my 52ยบ wedge and i BLAST the ball, completely missing the sand and pure the ball WAY past the hole and over the green until BANG! my ball hits the top of one of the golf carts of the group ahead of me. I see the ball hit the top of the golf cart and oh...
you're basically describing DRILL 2 swings, which is a tried and true method. I dig it.
Is it just me or is this the most awful thing i've ever seen? I read the interview and it barely has ANYTHING to do with golf. It's more about Justin Timberlake and the "obsession" fans have with him and then how he deals with that along with the relationship he has with his stepfather than the article has anything to do with golf. Let me also say that this is a really, really disgusting attempt by golf digest to turn it's magazine into Details or GQ. Come on,...