or Connect

Posts by Jake H

You hit the nail on the head. When I use an interlock grip I always feel like I am closing the clubface too much. Jake
Flopdarock and Range King, If your right pinkie gets sore while using the overlap grip you are probably gripping the club the wrong way. The right pinkie should be applying very little to no pressure during the swing. The pressure points in a correct grip for a right hander should be: Left Hand: pinkie, ring, and middle fingers Right Hand: ring and middle fingers The rest of the fingers should be applying very little pressure except maybe the right index finger...
-3 degrees here with about 6" of new snow and it's still coming down. It's supposed to be -6 degrees tomorrow so no golf for awhile.
Ah I see. Since the tree branches are pretty high off the ground maybe you could squeeze a punch 4-iron under there, but that requires great touch just to get it on the green. I still vote for hitting a wedge over the tree and playing for bogie, and maybe making par. In the future, if you absolutely can't hit a fade, then I would focus on hitting my second shot to the far left side of the fairway. That should leave you room to hit a draw into the pin, and would help...
Next time you play the hole try hitting your second shot to the right edge of the fairway, or even in the right rough is probably ok. This will set you up for a natural draw around the tree or even a direct shot to the green on your 3rd shot. I make this suggestion with the assumption that the large tree you speak of is roughly in the middle of the fairway, and that there isn't too much trouble on the right side of the fairway. Or learn to hit a fade and/or a high ball....
I think there's a common misconception about the durability of forged vs. cast irons. The manufacturing technique used to make a set of irons (forged vs. cast) shouldn't have much of an impact on durability. The hardness of the steel is what determines how durable a set of irons is. The hardness of the steel is determined by the amount of heating and quenching, not by how it was manufactured (forged or cast). With that said, I think that the manufacturers of forged...
Two days ago I was playing a round with about five of my friends, one of which will be playing division one college golf this next year. I don't know his handicap but I would imagine he is a scratch golfer or maybe better. On the 6th hole which is a 260 yard severely uphill par four he set his ball on the turf and hit his driver. He hit a nice little fade that landed on the center of the green about 20 feet from the hole. Best shot and most talented golfer I've seen in...
A few hours ago me and a couple guys were finishing up the last few holes before it got too dark. Hole #16 is a short par five of 488 yards which doglegs right. I hit my drive a little under 300 yards and into the trees on the right. To get over the trees blocking the green I was forced to hit a 7 iron, and the ball landed in the front-right sand bunker about 10-15 yards from the pin. I hit a perfect shot out of the bunker which broke from right-to-left on the sloped...
I went and demoed an x-forged 6 iron today at Cottonwood Hills. I absolutely loved it, as well as the 6.0 Rifle Precision Project X Flighted shaft. The club pro was there and he had a range-finder. It turns out I am hitting the ball a lot farther than I was last year. They had a practice green covered with a blue tarp, and the club pro ranged the front edge at a little under 180 yards. I was carrying the ball almost right to the center of the green. Those new x-forged...
About 5 years ago I was riding motocross at a track and came off of a double wrong. The back end kicked up and started drifting to the left. All of my weight, plus a lot of the motorcycle's weight, came down on my left foot (right on the back side of the landing). It hyper-extended, and I immediately knew it was broken. After sitting for a few hours in the ER my ankle was swollen to the size of a baseball. The break was not that serious, but I tore some ligaments pretty...