or Connect

Posts by chipper2

Being in my early 70's and living n Michigan here are my plans.   November - Week before Thanksgiving going with 3 others to Santee, SC for 4 to 6 days of golf.   December - Sit home look at the snow and dream   January - Trip to L.V. (pronounced "Lost Wages") with side trips to Palm Springs, CA and St. George, UT. Golf all three locations.   February - Rented condo in Gulf Shores, AL area. Lots of golf in AL & FL   March - pray for early spring   This plan is...
I keep a record of courses played and my scores. I have played 852 course in all 50 states. I have played in 6 Canadian providences and in 21 Countries. These includes course in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.   I get a logo ball from each courses played (if they have them). I display them in 100-ball racks in my den. At present I have 797 balls. Lately I also have been getting a poker chip ball marker if available. 
I have played 851 course in all 50 states and have played in 21 countries (U.S.A., Thailand, England, Canada, Bahamas, Slovakia, France, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Croatia, Mexico, Netherlands, U.A.E., Spain, Morocco, Portugal, Vietnam, Japan, and Puerto Rico.   Earlier this year I finished my quest when I play Wildhorse Resort in Pendleton, ID.   I save a logo ball from each course (if they have them). At present I have 796 balls displayed in 8 100-ball...
My last 20 plays consisted of 5 in Michigan on my home course and 5 on other Michigan courses, the came winter. Played 6 in South Carolina on a Myrtle Beach trip with friends in November. Then 1 in Puerto Rico in December, followed by one in Arizona, 1 in Nevada and 2 in Utah in January. Since then have been looking out at snow and wondering if I will ever be able to play again in Michigan. I would say in playing season 5 out 20 are on my home course.
I have only played one Top 100 course: Quarry at La Quinta - wonderful   Top 100 Public Courses: Wolf Creek - (in 40mph wind - hit my only 300 yard drive) Tullymore - pretty course Bay Harbor - view of water more impressive than course Grand Traverse - The Bear - Tough but fair Boyne Highland - Heather course - beautiful and fun Ko'Olau - a Lawrence Welk reply "Wonderful, Wonderful"
With 12 months to go I would not be interested in playing with people I do not know. My stepson and the two grandsons along with a few friends I normally golf with would be perfect for me.   As to where I would play. Finish my goal of 50 states. I now have 48 and need WA, OR, ID and MT. I have played in 21 countries on 4 continents. Play a few more countries and maybe Augusta National & St. Andrews and I would pass on with no golf regrets.
I have played a few of the best Public Courses:   Wolf Creek Tullymore Bay Harbor Grand Traverse - The Bear Boyne Highland - The Heather Ko'Olau
I will be in San Juan for a few days on business. Would like to get at least one round in. Can anyone tell me about the course in Bayamon or Caguas? Any other suggestions. I will not have a car so will need to use public transportation or taxi.
I live in mid-Michigan. There is a great number of wonderful courses to choose from. For muni - Groesbeck in Lansing. Within 30 minute drive I have Hawk Hollow, Timber Ridge and Eagle Eye. A couple hour drive away you can add Tullymore and St. Ives. Do I need to say more.
  Long Thanh Golf Club, Bien Hoa City, DongNai Provience, Vietnam