or Connect

Posts by chipper2

My last 20 plays consisted of 5 in Michigan on my home course and 5 on other Michigan courses, the came winter. Played 6 in South Carolina on a Myrtle Beach trip with friends in November. Then 1 in Puerto Rico in December, followed by one in Arizona, 1 in Nevada and 2 in Utah in January. Since then have been looking out at snow and wondering if I will ever be able to play again in Michigan. I would say in playing season 5 out 20 are on my home course.
I have only played one Top 100 course: Quarry at La Quinta - wonderful   Top 100 Public Courses: Wolf Creek - (in 40mph wind - hit my only 300 yard drive) Tullymore - pretty course Bay Harbor - view of water more impressive than course Grand Traverse - The Bear - Tough but fair Boyne Highland - Heather course - beautiful and fun Ko'Olau - a Lawrence Welk reply "Wonderful, Wonderful"
With 12 months to go I would not be interested in playing with people I do not know. My stepson and the two grandsons along with a few friends I normally golf with would be perfect for me.   As to where I would play. Finish my goal of 50 states. I now have 48 and need WA, OR, ID and MT. I have played in 21 countries on 4 continents. Play a few more countries and maybe Augusta National & St. Andrews and I would pass on with no golf regrets.
I have played a few of the best Public Courses:   Wolf Creek Tullymore Bay Harbor Grand Traverse - The Bear Boyne Highland - The Heather Ko'Olau
I will be in San Juan for a few days on business. Would like to get at least one round in. Can anyone tell me about the course in Bayamon or Caguas? Any other suggestions. I will not have a car so will need to use public transportation or taxi.
I live in mid-Michigan. There is a great number of wonderful courses to choose from. For muni - Groesbeck in Lansing. Within 30 minute drive I have Hawk Hollow, Timber Ridge and Eagle Eye. A couple hour drive away you can add Tullymore and St. Ives. Do I need to say more.
  Long Thanh Golf Club, Bien Hoa City, DongNai Provience, Vietnam
Burapha Golf Club, Sriracha, Chonburi, Thailand        
I played all 18 holes of Wolf Creek in Mesquite, NV with 30 to 40 mph winds. We were absolutly sand blasted at the end of the day. The plus side - I hit my first 300 yard drive. The ball got up in the wind and I wondered if it would ever come down.
I was given a Bushnell GPS Rangefinder Watch. Used it for a couple of rounds while in Florida over Christmas. Loved it.