or Connect

Posts by blackxpress

Actually, I don't think mymizunosrock is far off base. As minibluedragon pointed out, it's hard to know for sure without seeing someone's swing but, in general most beginners slice because they come over the top and cut across the ball. The golf swing is not exactly the most natural motion in the world. Your natural tendency is to want to hit the ball from the top of the swing which causes you to get everything out of sequence. Instead of starting the downswing from the...
My new wedges (Mizuno MP T-11) have conforming grooves. The DG Spinner shafts seem to compensate very nicely.
Sounds like a good strategy. The best advice I could give is take your medicine and don't try to be a hero. Hit an iron that has enough loft to advance the ball out of the rough and put it back in play. Speaking for myself, if I have a long iron approach from deep rough my chances of reaching the green are pretty slim. I'm better off to hit a short iron layup and try to pitch it close from there. At least I know a short iron will get the ball airborne and put it back in...
I'm wearing mine right now and my feet feel great. I walked 18 in them this morning on a hilly course. Teed off at 8:15 while the course was still pretty soggy from last night's rain and this morning's dew. My feet stayed nice and dry and I did not slip at all.   I haven't even come close to getting blisters from them but I can see where that would be possible. I tried on several pairs at the store and noticed that some of them tended to slip at the heel. I almost gave...
Wow! This is great. Maybe I'm not such a short hitter after all. These are my exact distances.   BTW: According to the latest issue of Golf magazine Ian Poulter hits his 7i 174 yds. Yes, that's 29 yds longer than us but he's on the PGA Tour.  
Make it your goal to emerge from this layoff the best putter in the whole world. I should think you'd also be able to practice chipping. Who knows? Not being able to use your lower body might actually help in that dept. Next spring your full swing will come back pretty quick and you'll have fun taking all your buddys' money with your awesome short game.
Welcome. What part of Atlanta do you live in? I'm from Forest Park but haven't lived down there since 1990. I used to play the Atlanta city courses a good bit, especially Browns Mill and Chastain. The other courses I played a lot were Sugar Creek, Lake Spivey and Little Mountain. Little Mountain was my favorite. I'd love to go back down there and play it again sometime. I moved away just after they opened the second 9. Back then I couldn't break 100. I owe that course a...
The closest thing to a Balata in a modern ball is the new Wilson Staff FG Tour. At least that's what "they" say. I've been playing them for a couple of weeks now and they really are soft. Best feeling ball I've hit in a long time.
I've been fighting a hook off and on lately myself. I usually happens when I don't get turned which causes my swing to get to armsy. Today I knew I was getting turned but I was still hooking sometimes until I realized I was not keeping my arms connected to my torso (chicken wing?). Anyway, as soon as I started making sure I stayed connected the hook went away and I started hitting it nice and straight with the prettiest little draw you ever did see. Here's hoping I...
 If you're carrying 2 wedges in addition to your 2-pw, your 3W, driver and putter, I count 14 clubs, not 13. Am I missing something in the translation? Anyway, how often do you need to hit a ball more than 205 but less than 240? On those rare occasions when you do need that exact distance could you not just choke down on your 3w? As for your question, I've had a real love-hate relationship with hybrids. Sometimes I hit them real well and sometimes not worth a crap. I...