or Connect

Posts by AmenCorner

FWIW, just got back from 2 days and 4 rounds of golf in O-town this weekend. Friday was at the Ritz and I loved this course as always. Greens were average speed but the course was in good shape.    Championsgate (both courses) Saturday. International was crazy hard and not very good shape. National was more fair and better shape. Wouldn't play the Int'l again.    Sunday morning was Falcon's Fire. Really enjoyed this course. Not overly difficult but in good shape and...
Why didn't I think of that? So much to learn. 
I find this quite amusing for some reason. 
In regards to Reunion, I organized a trip there about 2 years ago with 32 guys. I think we all liked the Palmer course the least, condos all around it. Watson was great but I think the Nicklaus course was the best of the 3. Down the street and through the wilderness with not much around. Many guys preferred Watson though.    Didn't see anyone mention the Ritz Carlton/JW Marriot course designed by Greg Norman. Great track, no homes on the course. Just you and wilderness....
Zipazoid. Dude, why the attitude? First off, I'm just sharing my knowledge. I've lived my entire life in South Florida so don't need a lecture.    A) Not all courses down here have bad mosquitos in the summer. Usually just ones that are out West. Crandon is an exception being East. So the advice is relevant. Bring bug spray and it should be fine. Don't bring bug spray and you'll be miserable.    B) I didn't say anything about hills, so not sure where you're going...
I've heard Crandon has crazy mosquitos in the summer time, too. Regardless, you deal with these things pretty much anywhere in So. Florida.    I too am a big fan of Miami Beach Golf Club. Great course, but yes agree it is very pricy.    If you are mobile at all, I would suggest hopping on I-95 and going up to Emerald Hills in Hollywood. Old school difficult test of golf with some really funky holes.   
A buddy of mine played Old Corkscrew and said it was the hardest course he's ever played. He's a good player too.     
Also, I recently played the following   Celebration: Very nice course routed through a community that is almost too perfect, like Truman show. Very nice natural areas. Challenging holes.    Waldorf-Astoria: Pristine Course through the Wilderness and HARD. Bunker lined fairways and highly sloped greens. Highest round I've shot in probably 10 years.    Ritz-Carlton: Greg Norman course that was a lot of fun to play. Challenging but not punitive. No homes on the...
Played my 2nd golf trip at Orange County two weeks back. It was fun as always. Crooked Cat was in great shape. Panther Lake was in great shape too, except the greens. They were a little rough. However, they just put in TifEagle greens so that is to be expected. They will eventually be very good I'm sure. Love these courses, very different but nothing to look at but beautiful wilderness.     
I've played both twice and Panther Lake is the way to go in my opinion. Crooked is fun but doesn't offer the amazing selection of holes and scenery that PL does.