or Connect

Posts by msd3075

The SC Squareback is not face-balanced. It might have very little toe hang, but it is not face-ballanced. Scotty Cameron will not make a face-balanced putter because he doesn't think anyone should use one since it doesn't fit what he thinks is the "ideal" putting stroke.     As for your original question, if you had to sell two of them sell the two that you use the least. Or you could just keep all four putters, but I have to warn you that it might lead to more putter...
As someone who is always tinkering with my equipment, I love not only the adjustability of any of the R9 drivers but also that you can easily swap shafts in and out without having to pull them like you normally would have to do. I currently have an R9 Supertri, and it's going to be hard for something else to takes it's place in my bag.
All I was trying to say is that you should never just point a rangefinder at the pin, get the exact yardage, and then play whatever shot you have that will hit the ball to that exact yardage. The distance to the hole should be just one of many other things you look at when deciding what shot to play.   I know this is a bit off topic and I apologize in advance for that, but to me unless you are a near-scratch golfer, you should never go after the pin and should 90%+ of...
What does having the pin distance have to do with hitting greens in regulation? If anything, going after the pin and only using the distance to the pin will more than likely result in you missing more greens (ie. going after "sucker" pin placements).   Unless you are a pro (which none of us are), you should never be going after the pin every single time. You should instead get yardages to the front and back of that area of the green and hit the club you are the most...
It's not so much that it'll affect your stroke but that each type of putter fits a different type of stroke. The characteristic you are talking about is known as toe hang. All it describes is how the toe "hangs" when you balance the putter in the shaft and let the putter head rotate to it's equilibrium position. If you have a gated stroke (think of a gate opening on a hinge), a putter with a lot of toe hang (toe points to the ground) will fit your stroke better. If you...
The sad thing is that over the weekend I picked up two more used SC putters at a local golf shop. The first is a Circa '62 #3 in the Gun Blue (shiny black) finish. It's in ok condition but will probably be sent in at some point for a restoration. The second is a Pro Platinum Newport Mid Slant. It was in pretty rough condition but still in ok to game. Since bringing it home, my wife has claimed it as her own, and it's already in a box headed out to the Custom Shop for a...
If you want to replace your grip with the same SC cord grip, you can buy them on www.scottycameron.com under the Accessories portion of the Studio Store. I personally like Black Baby T grip so if it were me that'd be my choice.
???? There are quite a few variables that go into determining the density of air. Saying what you did is extremely misleading and not anywhere near close to explaining what really goes on.
I'll on average hit my 5 iron about 200 yards. I base all my yardages off of my "summer distances" where my 5 iron is 200 yards and my 9 iron is 150 yards. I then club myself accordingly for everything else based off of these two clubs. In colder weather, I use the formula where you lose 1 yard for every 3°F below 85°F (basically at 55°F I need 1 more club).
Are you sure it was a Studio Select he had refinished in Pro Platinum? Pro Platinum is a plating, but the big thing is that it can only be applied to carbon steel. It cannot be applied the stainless steel, and seeing as the Studio Select line is made from stainles steel, it isn't possible that his putter is a Studio Select. As for the original topic, about a year ago I had a TeI3 Newport restored and refinished in Pro Platinum at the Custom Shop. I never weighed the head...