or Connect

Posts by goblue107501

145 yards on a par 4. I was playing a 2 person scramble tournament with my dad and holed out for an eagle. It flew directly in the hole. The sun was behind the green, as were a couple of carts. I hit it and didn't see it down, but heard it hit metal. We got up to the green and apologized to the guys in the carts about hitting them, but we couldn't see the ball to know it was going that far. They told us that I didn't hit them and to check the hole as they thought it...
I've always liked Tiger as a player and will continue to do so. The argument is irrelevant at this point because Tiger's career is not over. He still has a good 10-15 years left to play if he wants and his body hold up. He could win 20 more times with 5-7 majors in that time. Who knows where he will end up? You can't accurately compare careers until they are done. I don't have a dog in this fight or an argument to make. I will say this. You can't make an argument...
The only thing you really want to do is to seal it up as tight as you can. Partly for moisture, but my main reason (I keep my clubs in the garage over winter) is so nothing gets in there. The last thing I want in the summer is to reach in a pocket or pull out a club and have a family of spiders come out to play. I always make sure all the pockets are zipped up and I even put the rain cover over the top of it.
Instead of putting in all the time and work, why don't you just find a tournament that has some open qualifying? That way you can just get in a tournament via a qualifier, win the tournament, then you will get your tour status. That would be much easier than doing a q-school.
I don't have my bag nearby, but I think the vertical ones do. I have an old Bushnell (in the style of the Bushnell V2) and I believe it has the screw on the bottom. Although I don't know who would go through the trouble of taking a separate support piece with them. IMO that would just get in the way.
The stroke itself isn't anything special. There are only so many ways to swing a putter a foot back and down through the ball. Where pros differ is the consistency. They have a very repeatable stroke so they always hit the ball where they aim, and for the most part, have very good distance control as well. It's not an accident when they hit the 50 foot double breaker over a ridge to 2 feet. Practice, practice, practice.
My opinion is always laser >>>> GPS. Mostly the reasons iacas mentioned. I don't know for sure, but I don't think there is an 'anti-shake' laser. Pretty sure you have to hold it steady yourself. There are things you can do to help. The elbow tripod works if you are standing. If you are sitting in a cart you can rest your arms on your legs or the steering wheel, that works pretty good also. It's just something you have to figure out how to do. Once you get the hang...
Always short game. Eliminate one 3 putt (if that is a problem) and/or get up-and-down one or two more times, or one putt one or two more times, there are your 3 shots. Easy as pie to say, harder to do. The rest of the game comes into play as well, but it all boils down to the short game. If you drive the ball better, then your iron shots might be easier (maybe you hit a wedge from the fairway instead of an 8 from the rough), which would lead to shorter putts, which...
It is amazing to me how many people are concerned (borderline obsessed) with what other people do on the course and how they play the game. Especially when those folks have never met and will never play together. People, let it go. Let the individual decide how they want to play and stop trying to force you own 'golf values' on others just because they don't play the same way. So many are worried about what someone's handicap is or what they shot? What does it matter...
I think for the most part the majority of golfers know what the basic rules are and will abide by them. I think there are very few people who actually know the rule book enough to say they follow every one of them to the letter. Probably 90% or more of the golfers out there simply don't care about all of them, and that is fine too. Golf is supposed to be fun. Go out and hit the little white ball around and try and get it in the hole. Do it however you want. If you...