or Connect

Posts by goblue107501

I hope this was sarcastic. I would give anything to be able to wear a sweater and pants in the winter and have a 4.5 hour round.Around here (SW Missouri) it is only okay. We have some great courses, but they are not plentiful. They are pretty cheap however, but usually take 5+ hours to play. I'd say that within 30-40 minutes of where I live, there are 3-4 public courses I would pay to play (many others, but they are crap). A couple of those are in the Branson area and...
I think they are all over the place. The problem with trying to quantify it, is that an average player probably doesn't putt consistently enough to tell. I've seen plenty of guys who seem to play about the right amount of break, but then hit it 10 feet past, or 10 feet short, so we'll never really know how close they could have been. Personally, I think I'm pretty good, but I usually err on the high side if I don't think I have a good change to make it. My thinking has...
It's just something you have to practice to get good at. I think you are on the right track with the abbreviated swings (just make sure you always accelerate through the ball, you can't give up on the swing). One thing I do in addition to that is varying amounts to choke down on the grip. That can give you a whole other shot dimention. I can choke down and use an abbreviated swing with my GW and hit it the same distance as my SW. This can be good so you can use a...
I change when they need it. I've played long enough and changed grips enough times to know when it is time for a change. I used to just do it over the winter every year regardless, but I don't play as much any more so I just wait until they don't feel right. An easy gauge for you, go to a store with new clubs and find one with a style similar to what you have and take a couple of quick swing motions. If the new grips feel a ton better than what you have, it's time to...
The other problem you would have would be activating the tape. What you are saying might work in theory, but how would you slide the grip on? Grip tape is unique becuase the glue is deactivated for a time, then goes back to being sticky. I don't think regular tape would go back to being sticky if it was deactivated to slide the grip on. Just go to a golf shop and have them do it for a couple of bucks or see if you can get one piece of tape from them.
It would appear that I am more tolerant than most. There are very few things that bother me on the course. Not getting to play a whole lot (8-10 times a year), I have learned to lot let much get to me. It just ruins the round, and if I start ruining rounds, I'll never have one that is enjoyable. Here is my short list: Playing slow within the group. I have learned to tolerate slow play on the course, I don't mind if you are, in general, a slow player (taking extra...
Forged clubs are going to get dings and marks on them. No way to avoid it. You can protect them all you want, but it will still happen. You won't know it when it happens, or see how the dings get on there, but they will get there. Best to just let it go and realize they won't look new forever. That is part of the charm. As long as the face and grooves are in good condition, it won't affect play at all. Iron covers are fine if you want to deal with the hassle of...
Here's the difference. You are thinking of golf as competition only. Where all facets of athletic ability need to come into play; stamina, skill, mental toughness, etc. My guess would be that about 99% of all golfers don't care about the competition of it. They play because it is a hobby and it is fun and they can hang out with thier friends for the day. Sure, there are competitive rounds between friends or the weekend tournament, but for the most part, people just...
Pretty much my thoughts. They can do what they want, it doesn't matter to me. If I don't want to see it, I'll hit the 'unfollow' button. My only problem with all this is when people in the public eye use thier celebrity and staus to influence other people. You can tell me all day you are for this cause or that, but don't tell me I need to agree with you becuase you can act or sing or throw a ball.
Come to the states sometime in July and August and play in the 95 degree heat with humidity. And not just one time and then leave. Play several rounds walking and see if your opinion changes. Not about carts, but about golf in general. It's not very fun to play in those conditions anyway, certainly not much fun to walk it.