or Connect

Posts by goblue107501

Point #1: Yes. It's can be more enjoyable to walk when everyone else in the group is walking. Point #2: Not going to matter. Every course that uses carts are going to have some bad spots here and there, mostly due to golf carts. However, the majority of those spots are usually irrelevant to the play of the hole. And if they do come into play, they are in an area where you shouldn't have hit the ball in the first place. Rarely do you see a messed up fairway or the...
Been a long time since I have seen a leather grip. IMO, way too expensive and most likely won't be any better with sweaty hands. Plus, I'll bet it gets worn down quickly in the pressure points. Keep us posted though, interested to hear your thoughts. On a sidenote about gloves, if your hands sweat, get two or three gloves at a time and they will last much longer. Take it off between shots and rotate gloves every hole. Hang the other to dry when not in use. Sweat is...
step 1: practice putting...a lot. I don't mean for 10 minutes before the round. Take 3 balls and head to the course with only your putter and stay on the practice green for an hour or two. Spend the majority of the time with shorter putts (6 feet and in). There should never be a doubt that you can't make a 4 footer for par. It should be automatic. Will you miss them? Yes, everyone does, but you should never be scared of them. You can even practice if it is in the...
I voted 'other'. I took several lessons a few years ago from a great pro who helped me a ton. Completly redid my swing and I am much better for it. I would love to go back a few times just as a check-up to see if I am still doing things how I should. I am pretty sure I am at least real close, but you never know. My problem currently is the time and money factor. The guys doesn't charge much so it really isn't a cost factor for the lesson. $50/hour 7-8 years ago. ...
IMO, Yes. It wouldn't bother me much, especially if I was ahead, I definately wouldn't blow up. I don't think it has ever come up though. I think most golfers know not to stand there, I know I have never done it, and I have played plenty of scrambles. I know plenty of people who this would bother.If you want to get a read, the proper way to do it is this. Imagine that the player is putting to 12 o'clock (assuming a righty). Stand behind them at the 8 or 9 position...
No penalty at all, just something that happens from time to time.Sometimes it may help, sometimes it may hurt. Chances are, if they moved it, it will be out of your intended line anyway. I have seen the good and bad. I have seen putts hit markers that we didn't think were in the way with the ball tracking to the hole only to knock it off line. I've also seen putts where a bad putt hits a marker and it put is back on line and in.
I have a big group (usually 40 players) that gets together once a year for 5 rounds in 4 days. Skill ranges from very, very good, to very, very bad, but there are a few things that we do to keep it interesting. When you sign up, you can choose between being an 'A' player or 'B' player. B players tee off from the front tees and A players from one box behind them. A's play their own ball through the round, B's play a shamble off the tee and can use any of the tee shots...
I keep a pocket for my good balls, and one for the crap balls. If I refill the good pocket I will usually just dump the sleeve in there so if I need one I can just reach in and grab it. Depending on the golfing situation I will sometimes throw in a backup sleeve in a large pocket just in case and I'll remove it after if I didn't need it.
It depends on a lot of factors really, so each shot can require a different approach. Assuming level ground, no wind, no trouble, pin in the middle, the majority of the time I will hit the longer club. I rarely hit a full shot as it is unless it is just a perfect situation for the club. Most of the time I take more club, choke down, and adjust the backswing anyway. I can't think of many times through a round where I acess a shot and think it is a perfect distance and...
It shouldn't really matter since it is about the swing and not the result from the instructor standpoint. However, as a student, it is a big help to be able to see a good result when you do it right. You get that feeling of 'okay I understand now, if I swing like this, that is what happens'. Depending on your personal knowledge of golf and your own abilities, that may be the only way to know when you get it right. Plus there is a sense of satisfaction when you can see...