or Connect

Posts by goblue107501

Not really. The biggest thing between the fitters are the options available. It really isn't a good fitting if you only have 2 or 3 options of clubs and shafts per club. Not to say you couldn't find something that works with limited options, but if you really want it done right, you need several options to compare. If you have the opportunity to do it outside and hit down a range, I would do it outside. Hitting into a net is okay I guess, but it's nothing compared to...
http://golf.about.com/cs/handicapping/a/howcalculated.htm This will break it down for you if you want to simply do it on your own. I keep my own handicap on Excel. Once you have the rules and formula it is pretty easy to do.
If you play by the rules on a decent course it will be very hard to do. It took me 15+ years to hit even par (just last year). I played a bunch when I was younger, but the past 4-5 years I've only played maybe 10 times a year so I could have maybe done it earlier had I played more. I've had several even par 9's and a few 18's at 1 or 2 over, but one round last year was the first time I shot an even par 72, and I haven't done it again. One thing I found out was the...
It depends on the situation. I don't ever consider being hit into unless it is on the same hole. I was playing one time and we had a group of ladies (who were pretty good) playing behind us and they hit into us all day when we hit good drives. If we were waiting in the fairway with good tee shots, they would go ahead and tee off. Didn't bother me one bit. They would hit well behind where we were and never once came within 20-25 yards. Point is, they knew their...
It just depends on the person and what they prefer. Just whatever is comfortable for the player and the shot at the time. Every shot can be approached differently. Some say that you should do this for this shot, and that for that shot, but it really doesn't matter what you do. Whatever gets the ball closer to the hole is the only right answer. How you do it doesn't matter. From a fairway lie, I have gotten quite good at using a LW and flying the ball just short of...
I'm talking more about hitting the ball along the proper path with the clubhead in the right position. How the swing gets there can vary from person to person, so maybe 'mechanics' wasn't the proper term. In a generic sense, a 'good' swing will produce much more distance than a 'bad' swing. Most pros have 'good' swings (at least at the point of impact), so that is a big contributor to why they are able to hit the ball further. It isn't always about SS, especially with...
No personal experience with a tour van, but if you know you want Callaway clubs, that would be the way to go. They will have the resources to fit you as well as anyone, and you would have access to just about any combination of clubs and shafts they offer. Most likely they will put you into a perfect set of Callaway's for you, if that is the brand you want. If you are not sure what you want and are wanting to compare different clubs go somewhere you can test several.
higher swing speeds (although not everyone and not a necessity) + proper swing mechanics (biggest factor IMO) + hitting the ball in the center of the clubface + perfectly fitted clubs to the swing = ball go far. I wouldn't put too much thought into the stronger loft theories. Some may tweak a little, but if you adjust each club a few degrees, that will leave a gap somewhere at the bottom or at the top. My guess is that they would be more concerned with a yardage gap...
Agreed. Great company.
It depends on the tour and manufacturer. The vast majority of them there is no difference in what you and I can purchase. Putters being the one big exception. Drivers/irons/hybrids there won't be much of a difference in the actual club. Shafts are where you will find the biggest difference. There are a bunch of shafts out there that are pretty exotic. While we can get our hands on those shafts, they are so expensive that we just can't afford to pay an extra $500+ for...