or Connect

Posts by goblue107501

Don't ask us, go buy one and see for yourself. Personally, I can't play with a cheap glove anymore. It is a night and day difference in the feel. I usually get the FJ Sta-Soft. You can find it for $17-18 usually. Sometimes you can get a bulk deal online and find a 6 pack for $13-14 each. As long as you don't grip too hard and have a tendency to tear through gloves, they will last just as long as anything. I have been using premium gloves for several years and...
For me, too weak and the ball goes high and left. Too stiff and the ball goes low and to the right. I don't know if that is a general rule for everyone, but it is the case for me.
I would try and find an outdoor range that has some R11 demos and try some different shafts and just see what feels the best and what gives you the best results outside. SS can be a good indicator for shaft flex, but no 2 companies are the same when it comes to flex. One's regular could be another's stiff. Also, as much as SS is a factor and shaft flex, swing quality comes into play just as much. I have seen many players with fast swings not be able to hit S or X...
My most disappointing moment was about 15 years ago playing in a 2 man scramble with my Dad. It was a two day event and we were even or +1 after the first day. Pretty good for us at the time. We came no where close to getting a skin, so the second day we decided to save the $10 and not enter. I then proceeded to hole out for an eagle on a par 4. It would have gotten us around $100, which would have just about paid for the weekend since we were not going to do well...
This would have been my answer. One of my local courses was having a bunker drainage issue and they had a local rule in place that if any water was in a bunker, you could treat it as GUR until they were able to fix them.
Run away, just run away. First off, they make no guarantee that the clubs are new. They just state that they are in good condition. Secondly, no major OEM will be selling 'factory direct' from their facilities in China. It just isn't going to happen. Think about it: is Titleist going to say "we'll sell to you (factory-golf.com) cheaper than anyone else in the world so that you can sell our products for less than any of our authorized dealers that we have worked with...
In a scramble and other shots are in perfect postion and you are just trying to get a little bit better. I can remember one where we were in the right rough with a tree limb in the way. A couple of guys layed up to a good spot so I pulled out the driver hoping to hit a low cut under and around the tree and hopefully run it up to the green. It worked out that time, but not many others. I never rely on it as a go-to shot.
Same here. I like to put certain things in certain pockets. I keep my bag organized. I like to have golf balls marked before I arrive at the course. I do some goofy things with my gloves at times. But for the most part I don't think any of it irrational to the point where I can't play or I feel uncomfortable. For me it is just good organization so I keep things in order and I know where everything is.
I won't say I love playing in this kind of heat, but it doesn't bother me either. I just wish I could actually get out and play. Time, money, and family stuff have prevented me from going out recently. Around here the fairways are hard and fast and anything will roll forever. Combine that with the higher temps and the ball will travel forever. Plus, fewer people play so the course is less crowded. It isn't too bad if you can stay moving. It's when you are sitting...
I use an old baseball quote "hit it where they ain't". Change out the 'they' with 'trouble' and it works for golf. I found that golf is about maximizing the good shots and minimizing the negative effect of the bad ones. You don't have to hit perfect shots every time, you just have to try and keep them away from the trouble. Then when you do hit the monster drive or great approach, take full advantage of the situation. A perfect example is the 9th hole at my course, it...