or Connect

Posts by goblue107501

Exactly right! It doesn't matter if someone is riding or walking, you are either a slow player or a fast player and that won't change regardless of how you get from what shot to the next. Almost every example in here about slow cart players refers to bad players who also play slow. What about good players who play fast? I can guarantee that me and 3 other friends could play in front of any 4 walkers and by the 3rd or 4th hole we would be gone and you would never see us...
Agree this is a dumb rule. If a bird flies down and takes your ball you get to replace it, but if the wind moves it a dimple it is a stroke. Just doesn't make sense. Is there an explanation as to why this is even a rule. Is it the 'addressing of the ball' that does it? So because you are about to hit the ball and something moves it, it is deemed that you moved it? That doesn't make any sense either. I just can't figure what advantage they are trying to eliminate...
I ride 95% of the time. There is a short muni near my house that I will play maybe once a year for nine holes and I will walk that. Everything else I ride. I used to walk quite a bit, mostly just to save money. I used to drive about an hour to a friends course and walk 18 since the guest rate for walking was only $24. I am not old, fat, or lazy. I'm in moderate health. I certainly wouldn't drop dead if I walked 18. Here is my reason: I just don't want to. Deal...
Okay, I'm done. This guys is obviously too stupid to know when he is being mocked. I was being sarcastic. What a moron.I know how to calculate a handicap. I keep all my stats and handicap on a spreadsheet and do it myself. I just assumed that someone who was the best ballstricker he knows, using the greastest clubs ever produced, would have a chance to turn pro. That was the premise behind the movie "Tin Cup". A great ballstriker makes it to the Open. Are you a...
I guess we'll be seeing you on tour soon then. Have you tried some Monday qualifiers yet? Maybe a U. S. Open qualifer? As the best ball stricker you know, you should be just a good 4 rounds away from a tour card. I'm guessing you would have hit 90% GIR in the Open just like Rory did?
Is that why 98% of all pro golfers are using them? Oh wait, they're not. By your logic through this whole thing, there would be such demand for these clubs that Ping would have no choice but to start making them again. They would churn out thousands upon thousands of Ping Eye 2 sets every year to supply the world. They (Ping) would be worth billions of dollars. All other club manufacturers would cease to exist because they would not sell any clubs. None of that is...
Hopefully ' famousdavis ' will chime in. I'm sure all that is needed is a set of Ping Eye 2s and everyone will be scratch so it won't matter. Personally, I don't think it matters too much on how it is defined. It is kind of one of those things that when you get there, the formula will tell you you are there. As course difficulty goes up, the ratings and slope go up, and the scores needed to become scratch will be adjusted as well. I don't think you can look at it as...
How have you won 3 club championships with your Ping Eye 2's when you only recently (according to the original post) picked them up. Let's assume that 'recently' means within a month or two. You have played, and won, 3 club championships in that time?Also, the red dot means nothing other than the lie angle which I belive at that time was 1ยบ flat. So to spoiut off that they are red dot means nothing special.I would agree that a good head and shaft combo is the key to...
That is how it works around here. The clubhouse has an intercom and they will just say "next on the tee, Smith threesome, Williams single". Look around and their is Williams walking down to the tee to join the group.As someone who has played as a single many times, it is nice to get grouped with someone. It just makes the game a little more enjoyable, even if they are strangers. Some day you will want to play and will go out as a singele, and you will be glad you got...