or Connect

Posts by goblue107501

It is hard for me to tell from the video, but here is my thought. It looks like you are using a full swing (can't tell if grip is choked up or not), and slowing down the tempo through the ball to get the reduced distance. I would probably have the same approach as you for this shot (SW instead of LW unless the lie was really clean), but I would swing it a bit differently. First off, a SW is probalby too much club for the yardage so I would choke down about 1.5 to 2...
ditto...
I do it all the time. It is becoming more and more rare that I use a full grip/full swing shot. It gives you so many more distance control options.
If it was just one thing, I would say the ball has been the biggest factor. Once a ball came out that was great for distance, but still offered control and durability, the game got a little easier. Overall, I would say it is the combination of balls, shafts, and heads. You can get a shaft now that is nearly perfect for your swing and the conditions. 25 years ago you had regular, stiff and extra stiff, that was about it. Club heads are lighter and more durable. ...
My company holds a 2 person scramble for our customers every year. As per usual, there were some that didn't show up so I got to play the full 18. The course had some interesting rules for us and was curious if anyone had played this way before. The course has 4 tees; ladies front and back (red), and mens front and back (white and blue). The rules for the men were this: everyone started on the whites, if you make par, you continue on the whites. If you make birdie or...
I have no problem with loosening up the game, guys making fun of themselves, doing goofy stuff, it's all in good fun. But I want the 2:17 of my life back. I think I am a lesser person now for having watched that.
I don't ever put too much stock in advertising in general, and never much into golf ads. As an educated golf consumer I know what I like and I know how to try things before I buy and never base a purchase off an advertisment. The people that write these ads are not going after you and me. They are going after the uneducated golfer who does make purchases based on ads. For arguments sake, lets take all the golf forum/chat rooms/website members and consider them the...
Of course watching pros play live is always a 'WOW' moment. I go to a Nationwide event every year and have seen some remarkable shots and overall play. The thing that impresses me most playing with 'regular' people, are the guys that do nothing overly impressive, but always score well. A couple years ago I played with a friend who I knew was a good player, but I had never played with. Everyone is playing well, my 76 was the worst effort of the group. This guy did...
It doesn't bother me at all to keep them. I pay little attention to them on the card as I go. Just record what I need to and play on. I have found that just keeping them has helped me a few times. Once I noticed that I had put down I missed the FW to the right on three straight holes. I hadn't missed the FW by much, but it was to the right. I gave it a quick though and realized what I was doing with my swing to leave the ball to the right, made the adjustment on the...
The Mizuno MP-67 and MP-32 should fall in that category. Also look for the Titleist 690 or 695 MB. Any of these could probably be found on the cheap and would resemble your old Wilson's, but with a modern flair. I have a set of MacGregor blades from the 60's (I don't use them), and today's MB designs are much different and a bit larger than those of the past, so you won't find anything exactly like the Wilsons.