or Connect

Posts by goblue107501

It can be good and bad.  Good if you know what you are doing and can get real practice.  Bad if you are just banging balls for the purpose of banging balls.  If you take just one club practice doing several things with hit; choke down and hit 3/4 shots, 1/2 shots, high shots, low shots, left-to-right shots, right-to-left shots.  You can get good practice if you just know what you are doing.  If you are spending a bunch of time at the range, and don't consider yourself a...
I would suggest one of two things.  First, ask everyone to play straight up, at least a few times, to see what happens.  If they are all inside of an 11 or 12 handicap, it shouldn't be an issue.  I would be willing to bet the lesser players would step up and you will have a better game overall.  When I am the worst player in the group it makes me want to play better.  I'm not off pouting in the corner if I don't get strokes.  I know I may lose, but I'm also not going to...
First, it's hard to play skins with only 4 people.  Double hard to play fair when guys are getting strokes.  If it is just 4 guys I would say ditch the skins and play some sort of best ball/4-ball team game and rotate the partners every 6 holes.  That way everyone will have a chance to win something if they play well.   If you insist on playing skins and giving strokes one suggestions is to let the better players pick the stroke holes for the other competitors rather...
Jim Tressel has resigned as Ohio St. football coach.  I guess the all the lying finally caught up with him.
I still use the 983E driver and haven't been able to find anything I can hit better.  Both the 983 models were good drivers...and still are.  It kind of boils down to how much you want to invest.  If it has a shaft you can hit, it would be a good pick-up, but maybe for less than $50.  It might be a good starter club for maybe $30-35.  That way if you find out you can't hit it well, you can get something different and not be out much.  Maybe see if you can borrow it and...
First of all, use the club that you are most comfortable with.  There isn't a right or wrong way to hit that shot.  If you're not comfortable with an 8-iron in that situation, don't use it.  I would have done the exact same thing.  Secondly, and to answer the question, simply hit the ball closer to the hole.  There really wouldn't have been an easier way to save par other than just hitting the ball closer to the hole.  With the shot you described, I would be kicking...
It appears to me that it is just there for conveinence to attach things to the bag.  Towel, club brush, bag watch, rangefinder/gps, etc.  If you go into a golf store there are probably dozens of things that come with a clip so you can attach them to the bag.  Most bags I have ever seen include something like this to give you a place to attach these things.  It's just there for your conveinence. 
Just do whatever you think is best.  I don't think it really matters.  A few years ago I was wanting to try out different grips so over a season I think I had about 7 different models on my clubs.  Didn't make a bit of difference.  I am to the point where I have a few favorites now, so it is usually only two styles for me.  I found a great grip that I like that my Dad had on his clubs but it was discontinued.  I bought as many as I could find and just use them on my...
I always vote for the rangefinder.  Nothing to load, nothing to charge (battery should last well over a year), no fees, and most importantly no guessing.  I play at courses with big greens and there can be a huge difference with a pin in the front area vs the back area.  If the green is elevated or if you just can't see the bottom of the flag, how would you know where to guess?  I would much rather have a circle to shoot for that is +/- 5 yards of the flag, than just +/-...
First off, give it some times to get used to the new set up.  Regardless of how many thing your changed when you got new clubs, they are still new to you and will need a bit of practice to get them figured out.  I went from clubs that used s300 shafts to new set with x100 shafts and it took quite a while until I got to my old distances.  It is a big adjustment and one that won't come right away.    Secondly, depending on your ballflight, using the HL shaft may be a...