or Connect

Posts by tsbrewers

Guess mine isn't the only one,   http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?22800-Durable-Golf-Bags-Taylormade-Brittle-Plastic-Bottom-Cracked-Open  
Well, it was in a spare bedroom on the main floor of my house.   Sitting on a metal golf rack along with 4 or 5 other bags that are perfectly fine.   my point was, the bag was not sitting out side in the sun, or in a cold garage, or anything like that.  If the bag is going to fall apart in the location it was at, then the bag is junk.  Plain and simple.
This is pretty much just a rant, but I am a little PO'ed at Taylor Made right now.  I bought a TM cart bag a couple years ago, literally just to hold some extra sets I had at the house.   It had only left the house once in the last 2+ years.   I was moving my golf organizer and all the stuff on it last week and when I picked up the bag with one set of (TM) clubs in it the entire bottom just crumbled and the clubs fell through.   I sent an email to TM and never heard a...
I have been playing for a lot of years, but nothing really jumps in to my head.  I have had a few nice shots that pop in my head, but nothing REALLY bizzare.   One of the earlier replies does remind me a little story I had last year though.     I was playing in a corporate outing for my wife's work place.  One of the games they have available is a skins game you can buy in to for $20 per team.  We did get in on a few of the games, but for some reason, not that...
1993 or so was the last time.     Actually about once a year I give them a good cleaning, that usually includes buffing/polishing, and normally sandblasting the faces.  I will wipe them off as I play, and if they are really dirty I will clean them up before a shot.  Brew
Why do people drive Volkswagen when they could drive a Cadillac?  Why do they drive SUVs instead of corollas?  Matter of preference I suppose.  I am an OK golfer that I am pretty sure would see a marked improvement by going to a game improvement type of club, yet I prefer to play a more typical players club.  Why?  Who knows?    I guess I grew up in the time that good players played forged, not so good players played cast cavity backed clubs.  I think part of it is I...
The meanest things we have on the course around here are geese.    honest question, if you hit your ball near one, do you get a free drop??   Brew
so no one has any feelings on whether a metal wood can go bad? Brew
for me it partly comes down to money too. I play twice a month or so now and even though I would like to play more, there is no way I could play daily anymore. I did that growing up, probably 2 rounds a day usually, from about the time I was 10 until 18, and ever since then, I am kinda burnt out. I went to the range yesterday and only hit half the bucket before I was bored and went home. I kinda feel like I am at a plateau and just don't enjoy it like I did before. ...
generally I am a fairly descent putter, but for some reason this year I am having problem either reading the greens or with my stroke. The puts i used to make consistantly, I am now just barely missing. Also this year there has been a few puts that I was just flat out wrong on my read. So if I read 3' break to the right, it was only 1' or even worse, 3' the other way. It really does have me stumped. I am getting older, (mid 30's) but I have some strange things...