or Connect

Posts by 1chaos52

Got an email with a link to this thread yesterday, and I have to say the timing was perfect.   I have been swinging the club better than I ever have this year and had one of the best rounds of my life fairly recently. I played yesterday and had one of the worst rounds of my life. It was so bad that the guy I played with called me late last night to compliment me on my composure during the round as there was very little swearing and no club pounding or throwing, I just...
That is one odd thing with the Winn grip that I notices in that it does feel a bit squishy. Great on the hand pain issue, but does feel a little odd and not sure I like it or not. I liked it on the simulator, but so far my drives with the new driver/grip have not been great and wonder if that is part of it.
Unfortunately firmer grips are not an option due to the arthritis and nerve issues, or else I will be limited to playing once every two weeks in order to recover my hands which is not something I want to do. I definitely need the softer ones for the impact. Can't agree with you enough on changing grip pressure during the swing as this is something I have dealt with in the past. The softer and larger grips actually seem to help me with that because the confidence in my grip...
And just to clarify, I mean the P2 Wraps.
I bought a new driver a month or so ago and changed the grip in the shop to a Winn DriTac midsize. I rather like the grip, but also looking at other alternatives as I plan on regripping my other clubs as well and have heard of the wear issues with Winn, plus I like the idea of the air installation and adjustability.   I play a combination of Ping G25 irons and Adams Hybrids. The Pings I was fitted for last year  and they have the mid-size grips from Ping on them, while...
Well, after a couple of weeks trying new drivers  (and battling injury which is why it took so long) I finally made a decision. One of the last ones that I tried I simply hit better than the rest. I ended up with the Callaway X2 Hot.   The final decision came down to the Taylormade JetSpeed, The Ping G25, and the Callaway.   The TM I hit fairly decently. I am not a long hitter but was able to hit it around 250 fairly straight.   As much as I love my Ping G25 irons,...
I have to admit I am becoming a bit put off by Taylormade. I have had two drivers from them over the past years and both broke in some way after about 2 years. Granted my swing was pretty ugly before taking lessons, but I still have (and occasionally play) an old Adams Tight Lies driver that I have had forever and the thing looks like new and has never had an issue and has seen more playing and practice time than the 2 TM's combined. The shaft on my RBZ broke after 2...
I definitely noticed that the JetSpeed did feel longer and I was a little thrown off by it. The G25 definitely did not feel as long. Luckily when I go on Thursday I will have some time to hit them and will be able to do so on a range and not just the monitor.   As far as hitting down on the ball, I know I was doing that and have corrected it for the most part and am generally now hitting up at it. I used to get my head way in front of the ball during my downswing which...
After a few weeks off from golf due to injury I went to the driving range this weekend and ended up snapping the shaft on my driver. The odd part is that I did not hit the ground or anything, it snapped when I hit the ball. It was the original Rocketballz driver and lasted about 3 years and went through hell with my swing for the first 2 years of that.   I am a 20 handicap now after taking some lessons last year and learning how I should be hitting the ball. I am...
I switched to cross handed a few years back, then switched back to regular grip, and am now back to cross handed. I found I had a harder time controlling speed with a normal grip and had a much harder time keeping my hands quiet.   I had switched back to a regular grip for a short time because I had gotten a new putter and for some reason could not get comfortable cross handed on it. My putting was terrible during this time, so I eventually decided to try and anchor the...