or Connect

Posts by Dragonsrock

R M Williams make a leather conditioner that is beeswax and Lanolin, maybe its the same thing, I use it on all my leather shoes, it is very good for the leather, it does however make dust stick to the shoe...R M Williams rfecommend it for their leather boots.
Guys,   I have just finished an 11 hole round that was called off due to a very serious downpour, the course was unplayable, but I was seriously wet.  I have a couple of short sleeved rain jackets (one sun mountain and one footjoy), neither were cheap and both will leak after some period of decent rain.  I purchased a Footjoy long sleeve rainshirt and it was 100% waterproof and suppossed to be breathable, but I have never sweated so much in anything in my life.  I...
I have never seen a club that shreds them better...the spin they develop is amazing, but they are hard on urethane covers
My distances are below, after having read many of these posts, I have concluded that I am not the standard golfer, most people here hit their driver further than I, their wedges shorter and their long irons substantially further...I am starting to think my 4 and 5 irons are defective!!!  BTW...I have converted for meters and just added 10%.   Driver 265 3 Wood 235 20 deg Hybrid 210 22 Deg Hybrid 195 5 iron 180 6 iron 170 7 iron 160 8 iron 145 9 iron...
I too am a 17 handicap and have a similar problem, I started on the same path as you, I changed shafts, I changed clubs, I have had lessons and they are the only thing that made any discernable difference.  Whilst I had a lot to work on in my swing, the single biggest difference in my ball flight came from:   1.  Teeing the ball significantly higher 2.  Teeing the ball a long way further forward   BTW...the height of the ball and the position are what almost...
I use the ZStar XV, its got low spin off the driver, it works good for me.  Personally I really like the ProV1X, its a great ball, but I guess I just like to be a little different, the ZStar XV is a great ball, I do not see any more benefit using the ProV1X, so I will stay with the Srixon.  I am a 17 handicapper, I could use any ball and probably not find a big huge difference, I like to stop the ball quick, I drive as good if not better with the ZStar, its not a huge...
Hi I am a sweaty beast and when I wear the 'climacool', 'fitdry' style fabrics, I still sweat really bad, I am wondering if I would be better off in cotton fabrics.  Two questions,   1.  Does anyone else find this issue? 2.  Are there any high quality cotton blend golf shirts that will actually allow your body to breath?   Thanks,   Dave
Question...if the ball is embedded in the lip such that it is outside the bunker (ie a bunker extends vertically downward so if the whole ball is outside of the bunker), would you then be able to drop outside the bunker.  I have never doen this but have seen it, my playing partner hit his shot thin and it embedded in the soil immediately below the turf that formed the lip of the bunker, standing above the ball it was clear that it was NOT in the bunker (assuming that the...
I just purchased a new set of Cobra S3's and I really like them, well at least all the way up to the pitching wedge.  I have come from a set of Mizuno MP-52's (I liked them, just wanted something new and went for a more forgiving option, to be honest, I hit them further (I think loft), but not much else has changed).  My issue is that I have always used wedges that were blade style and I am not liking the wedges that came with the Cobra's.  It sounds easy enough to...
Thanks very much for the info...the blue monster is looking good right now!