or Connect

Posts by foxhole88

Try Banker.  It's 1 vs 3 on each hole (you would have to get strokes from the low guy to make it even)   The Banker sets the betting limit at the start of each hole, to whatever he wants it to be.  Banker says: "Ok for this hole the max bet is $20"    Golfer #1 - is kind of a cheap guy plus he doesnt think he can beat the banker on that hole so he bets $1. Golfer #2 - Thinks is in a groove and thinks he can beat the banker and bets $10. Golfer #3 - is a big...
4 - 4.5 hours is a reasonable time for a round.  Anything over 5 hours and its pushing it.  A lot of people complain about slow play because they have other things to do.  They need to get back home so wifey doesn't go ballistic on them for being gone so long.   Since I dont have a wife or kids to worry about, my issue with slow play is that for me personally I like to be or get into a little rhythm while I am playing.  I feel i play much better (especially off the...
I forgot twisted Dunes.  That is a good course down the shore as well.  And your right about Bulle Rock.  WAAAAY overpriced/overrated for the course.  it should be about an $80 course.
I live in the Philly Area and have hit a lot of the public courses in the PA, South NJ, Delaware area.   NJ Public courses: (Down the shore) Shoregate SeaView - prefer Pines to the Bay course Sand Barrens   South Jersey Public Courses Scotland Run - Pricey but always in great shape Deerwood - usually in great condition Running Deer - Jaworski took over this course a few years ago.  Great layout, crazy undulating greens. White Oaks - Havent played it...
1. Break 80 on my home course at least once this year.  (Lowest is 82 so far) 2. Get handicap down to single digit index.  (currently 12.5) 3. Improved accuracy with irons which will lead to more GIR.  (Have already seen improvement as GIR are up to 37% over last 10 rounds and 43% over last 5 rounds) 4. Improve driver distance and accuracy.  (I was hitting my 3wood as far and way more consistent than my driver.  Got a few tips on setup and flattening my swing from...
I don't think Will is/was really all that worried about bringing someone back.  I think his reaction was more about his joking type personality and how he is around the guys and for tv.  I have a friend who has a similar sense of humor, type thing.  It's funny and keeps everyone loose.  He seems to be pretty calm and laid back guy but a competitor and I don't think he is "afraid" of any of them.  i think he is confident in his game and wants to prove it by beating anyone...
If you are looking for games to play within a foursome, here are 2 good ones.   Wolf - flip a tee to determine the order at the beginning of the round.  Keep that order through the round.  The last guy each hole is the WOLF.  As #1, #2, #3 tee off, the wolf decides as each guy hits if he wants that person to be on his team for that hole or passes.    If he passes, you can't go back to that guy.    The Wolf can decide to pass on a 3 golfers and go LONE WOLF. ...
If you have a sway as part of your take-away, is this a good thing or bad thing?  I am sure most people would say it's a bad thing because its too much movement, but does it help or make it easier to load up or time things up for your downswing?
I don't think you need to master the 3 wood off the fairway yet.  You can start with a 5wood.  It should be easier to hit and control and give you enough yardage.  You do need a club that you can hit 200+ from the fairway when playing longer courses.
If you are shooting lights out, its expected that you will take a litle ribbing about being a sandbagger or a ringer.  But if it gets any more serious than that over a lousy $10 its just a sign of poor sportsmanship from a couple of tools and they shouldn't be giving your buddy a hard time about it. You should have just walked over and stuffed the $10 back into the mouth of the guy that was complaining the loudest.