or Connect

Posts by MrSandman

So if it is a blind tee shot, you should walk up 150 yards to see the landing area and know that there is no fescue on your target line?  That's great for pace of play.   And much of this fescue is mowed for 90% of the season.  So even knowing the course can result in a shot in the fescue. 
Sorry, 360 yards is a clear par 4 for men.   Still, as you collect eagles you can count that one.  You did it in a tournament when the field was playing it as a par 5.  Until you get your second eagle though, you will always have an asterisk on the "have you ever made an eagle" question.
how short was the hole.  Under 450, you're probably looking at what should be a par 4.   Anyway, you are going to have plenty of good shots end up in poor positions and plenty of rounds/holes where you strike the ball well but don't score, so I never look down upon any 3 on a hole that the field is playing as a par 5.  you gained 2 strokes on everybody else there (or at least on course par).    I have about 40-50 eagles in my life.  I count them all, even the...
That's great when they mark the marsh/fescue as hazard.  When it is unmarked, and real high, you aren't finding you ball but are penalized stroke and distance.  Also, if it is marked than the yardage book will have it noted or it will be more apparent off the tee that a hazard is out there.   Problem with some of these courses that grow out the fescue is that you don't even know a provisional might be necessary.  I am not exagerrating when I say that most of my lost...
Grande Dunes was my favorite down there. Tidewater was also nice.
I used to be of that philosophy.I haven't had a 5W in 10 years. Really surprised at how far the newer ones go.
  If I connect with the driver for solid contact, it probably goes about 260, with 270 being the high end.  But on average, the driver probably goes 250 (some of the ones that are less than solid contact only go about 240, or even 220 if they lack height).    But the 5W seems to be more consistent in its distance at the 210-220 range even with some mishits.
On some shorter courses, 5800'ish yards, I have played irons only.  I have some good scores from those rounds too.  One time I hit 3I off every tee, and hit all but one fairway.  It was a great scoring round.    There is just something about a stress free tee shot that sets you up with a playable second shot that makes the round enjoyable and takes a lot of pressure off the rest of your shots, even if the second shot is a bit longer than you have had in the...
jwat, how long is the course you normally play?   going from a 6500 yd course to a 6000 yd course can allow you to chop off some significant strokes.
Those days are great.   When I was playing a lot a few years ago, a good round would be in the 76-80 range, with an average round probably being an 82.  One day I pulled a 72 out of nowhere.  Just seemed like hitting the fairways and the greens were very easy, and the misses left me in good shape.