or Connect

Posts by HazardMagnet

2 c. A co-worker of mine busted his shoulder breaking up a dogfight in the fall of 2012. He had surgery two weeks later (and of course a vet’s bill). I don’t remember most of the details but after going through therapy all winter, and missing his two annual winter golf trips to Florida, his doctor cleared him to return to the game around May.  His first several rounds he Tee’d up his ball on every shot except putts, to avoid hitting the ground. I’ve never played with...
Merry Christmas to all Sand Trappers, Thanks for all the great reads this season!
I'm playing Tuesday, 30* to 40*. I know not a record setter, but the wind could be anywhere from a light breeze to ridiculous... down at the shore. Then over the holiday's, we're down  in North Carolina. Who knows? 30's to 70's. Then we're back in Ct. and it's at the indoor place until spring.       ~Tom B.
You know, that's worth a try for me, so no laughter here!   I work outside for a living and wear leather work gloves all the time. So only wearing a single Golf glove, regardless of sweat, heat etc. just doesn't feel right. I go through two pairs a year, this might just be my answer. I'm not out there to make an fashion statement anyway.   Next week when I get paid is "Oil Change day" so I'll be at Autozone anyway. I'll take a look at them, too bad I think my season is...
Done, I think I've signed ~Tom B. on many of my posts already anyway.   My 3 sisters & 2 Bros. in laws still call me Thomas, which is fine, But "Tommy" is like Nails on a Chalkboard to me.
I had taken a teriffic photo of a stand bag in the center of  Grand Central Station, N.Y. But the phone s#it the bed a week later. Lost every thing...
Water/ Budweiser.  I don't drink soda's, they do me bad.
Between 10.00 & 11.00, Mon. through Thursday. If the Mrs. has to work on a Saturday, she gets a Comp. day off during the week. She gets to sleep a little late, we go out for Breakfast, and usually have a crock pot going for dinner. That's our golf day's  together, usually ruined by little white balls.   If it's just with the guy's though, I let them decide, it's usually earlier. When She's in the cart with me, games usually are "a date day" even when we play with the...
Welcome... I grew up in Scarsdale!
So I guess no one so far lives with a Certified New England  Flower Show Judge.   I do.   And since I play about 85% of my rounds with her, I can tell you it adds about  one half hour to my total "Golfing Experience" for the entire day, and it starts at the parking lot and Clubhouse. I don't really care that the (Place any Latin Term you wish here) plant needs more Nitrogen... I guess I probably do also!   What does that have to do with why we're loading up  a golf...