or Connect

Posts by topspin4hand

Phil has balls.  He put a couple hundred grand into options that were set to be worthless in a matter of days.  Instead they multiply in value.  He plays with money like his shot selection on par 5's! More seriously, without emails or testimony from someone, there will be no way to prove Phil broke any laws.  Good timing isn't illegal.
+1.  I wonder if that maneuver was after a lot of obfuscation on the part of Phil and his legal team.  Phil and Co. really don't have to cooperate fully w/o subpoenas or charges.
I finally sat down and read some of the allegations in details.  Realizing they're just allegations, I can see how Phil has some explaining to do.   4 days before the their expiration Mickelson and this big time gambler, who self-reportedly pulls down $50~$60mm per year in his gambling and other biz activities, buy a gang of Clorox call options, giving them the right to buy Clorox at a set price.  Then Carl Icahn announces his big stake in the company and the shares...
Phil's attorney said he's not the subject of any investigation but the reports seem to indicate otherwise.  I will definitely follow this to see what stage of the investigation the feds are in.
SMH.  Joe, I have to question your recollection of Tiger calling Sergio a racial slur. I highly doubt that occurred because it would've been a big story.  
Whether the comment was or was not racist is now just a matter of what label we want to put on the situation. To me, Sergio was trying to take a negative shot a Tiger based on part of Tiger's racial makeup.  I think that's pretty clear.  I don't need everyone to agree to label the comment "racist" for the comment to be considered unacceptable and despicable.     I just read that Sergio's Taylormade deal is worth $5 million per year!  No wonder he could hardly sleep!
Fortunately, I found this story after I got sick of hearing of this latest episode of the Tiger/Sergio saga:   http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/okla-tornado-survivors-reunited-dramatic-photo-133355780.html?vp=1   It made my day.  
Totally agree.  On Morning Drive, someone said this has been a "back and forth" and I thought to myself, "no it's not." Tiger hasn't really offered much, beyond his initial explanation.  Sergio has seemingly and freely expanded his commentary from the actual incident on the 2nd hole, to his feelings for Tiger generally.  And now this ... he really made his bed on this one.  
No, b/c I am not saying anything about all Spaniards. I pointed towards those Spanish fans that painted their faces black, made monkey gestures and sounds towards Black sports figures - all questionable at best actions.  Sergio's actions were also questionable at best.    SMH    
Dumb a** Sergio... SMH.  Because the recent racist behavior of Spanish fans in soccer, Formula One and Basketball, I personally cannot give Sergio the benefit of the doubt here.